• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

970's having performance issues using 4GB Vram - Nvidia investigating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I've got a 970 G1 but have not noticed any problems with it yet. I guess as games start to use more and more VRAM the chances of me seeing problems will arise. I'm worried about resale value later on though. As far as I see it I have the following options:
- Continue to enjoy the card and do not return it
- Return it and buy a 290X
- Return it and wait for a 390X and use the 290 from my HTPC in the meantime

Associate
Gibbo , if I was to take a trip to you guys now that my RMA number is in place , would you do a swap there and then if I paid the difference in cash/debit card to buy a different set of cards bearing in mind I'd payed with debit card the first time around for delivery. ( otherwise I asume its 3 working days befor pennies are back in account )

OcUK Staff
Gibbo , if I was to take a trip to you guys now that my RMA number is in place , would you do a swap there and then if I paid the difference in cash/debit card to buy a different set of cards bearing in mind I'd payed with debit card the first time around for delivery. ( otherwise I asume its 3 working days befor pennies are back in account )

I really have no idea with such questions sorry, you need to speak with the CS guys as I have no idea how our internal refunding/credit systems work sorry.

OcUK Staff

As stated in the customer service forum we would have to refund you back to the method of payment and then place a new order in the shop.

Cheers

Bailey

Soldato
I've got a 970 G1 but have not noticed any problems with it yet. I guess as games start to use more and more VRAM the chances of me seeing problems will arise. I'm worried about resale value later on though. As far as I see it I have the following options:
- Continue to enjoy the card and do not return it
- Return it and buy a 290X
- Return it and wait for a 390X and use the 290 from my HTPC in the meantime

Option 3 looks good.

Associate
Hey Guys

this is open till the end of February to give you some breathing space.

Please contact my RMA staff in order to create a return on the cards before you send them back.

Thanks

Bailey

Funnily enough I was in the OcUK shop this morning at 8.30am this morning to RMA a MSI 970GTX with a defective fan controller. (BTW I drove up from Shawbury and the was no snow south of Loggerheads , you should move south ;) ).

Anyway would it still be possible to Exchange back the replacement 970GTX I was given and upgrade to 980GTX if I wanted to? .

BTW Thanks to all your shop staff they were brilliant this morning . thank you

Soldato
I have read what Gibbo and Bailey have posted, many many thanks for that :)

Sorry for just needing it confirmed here but if I get an RMA number for my MSI 970GTX and order a KFA2 GeForce GTX 980 SOC Gamer 4096MB at the same time would I be ok waiting to send the MSI card back until the KFA2 arrives....?

The MSI 970 GTX is like new and completely box with all the bits etc.

And how quickly could the refund happen....? I just couldn't take the hit of not having the cash back for the 970 and buy the 980 as well for too long.

Do I have to ring to get and RMA sorted or will a post in the Customer Service section linked to my order number be enough...?

How are the cards returned, by what postage method etc and does that get refunded...?

Sorry for re-bumping this one but this thread moves kinda fast..!

Soldato
Cheers Guys

My card is boxed and ready to go back, so will courier it to you next week.

I am not at all happy with Nvidia but I am happy with my choice and my new 980 is in. after a bit of a paddy.... (Inno3D GeForce GTX 980 "iChill Herculez X4 Air Boss Ultra Awesome Long Name Flashy light Nut Job")
This gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling that when Mrs S lets me get a new monitor I know I will be sorted.

Thanks again OCUK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom