• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

970's having performance issues using 4GB Vram - Nvidia investigating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I'm returning my 970's sadly. I'd like to get the £399 980 then another later but I don't fancy buying it before I get a refund. Anyway to hold a 980 till this happens as I don't want the 980 prices to shoot up (cost 28 quid to send back my 970's )

Associate
I have just been on the phone to OCUK and arranged an RMA for both my G1's. Firstly, a huge thanks to ALL OCUK staff involved. The chap on the phone was extremely helpful, extremely polite and understanding of the issue. Not only that OCUK are refunding return Parcel Force delivery costs as well!!! That to me is beyond being helpful, that's just downright generous considering Gigabyte haven't even commented and OCUK are taking the hit. Thanks OCUK.

Caporegime
Gibbo, once again thank you for everything :) Just wondering if you feel a 295x2 or 290x 8gb in crossfire would be a better buy?

Playing at 1440p/4k? Def go for the 8GB cards, but don't go for the MSI one as it's a poor performer when in Crossfire (they hit the throttle point waaaay too easy from what I've read).

Personally I'd go for Sapphire or Powercolor cards, 2 of the best air coolers around for the 290X :cool:

Associate
Playing at 1440p/4k? Def go for the 8GB cards, but don't go for the MSI one as it's a poor performer when in Crossfire (they hit the throttle point waaaay too easy from what I've read).

Personally I'd go for Sapphire or Powercolor cards, 2 of the best air coolers around for the 290X :cool:

What's the difference between the Powercolor and sapphire given the 100 price difference?

Associate

Yeah, I'm playing at 1440p. I'm thinking about the Powercolour cards, but they are triple slot. Will that be alright? My only concern is the power draw, and wondering if my hx850 will fit the bill.

OcUK Staff
For those of us with gigabyte is is it now a case of wait until next week or are ocuk accepting rmas? Any other options other rma?

We are accepting now, if Gigabyte decisions next week is to support us then awesome, if not then we shall cover the cost ourselves but we are now taking all brands back. :)

Soldato
That is no doubt the issue, the decision makers are in a different timezone in fairness so I guess it takes longer, but I just don't want our customers being left in the dark over the weekend.

I am fairly confident Gigabyte and MSI will support us with any returns we get. :)

I suppose their support to you will be dependant on the support they get from Nvidia.

Soldato
Yeah, I'm playing at 1440p. I'm thinking about the Powercolour cards, but they are triple slot. Will that be alright? My only concern is the power draw, and wondering if my hx850 will fit the bill.

my 2 pcs+ cards are slightly over 2 slots each

your psu should be fine, as long as u don't oc crazily the gpus

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom