• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

970's having performance issues using 4GB Vram - Nvidia investigating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Sorry to ask for the 100th time but I've just bought a G1 970 from Ocuk recently, are you offering refunds on these? What's the criteria? But concerned by what I've been reading. Thanks :)

Associate
Sorry to ask for the 100th time but I've just bought a G1 970 from Ocuk recently, are you offering refunds on these? What's the criteria? But concerned by what I've been reading. Thanks :)

We are accepting now, if Gigabyte decisions next week is to support us then awesome, if not then we shall cover the cost ourselves but we are now taking all brands back. :)

OcUK Staff

You can return if your unhappy with it, it is still the best bang for buck performance card on the market though, bear in mind the problem is blown out of proportion, a lot of baiting and trolling happening making things seem far worse than they are.

The fact is 970 still offers the best package at sub £300 as a gaming graphics card.

Soldato
We are accepting now, if Gigabyte decisions next week is to support us then awesome, if not then we shall cover the cost ourselves but we are now taking all brands back. :)

Thanks, earlier in the thread you mention that if the rma is via ocuk that there may be other options to consider, is there any other options available?

Soldato
So in trying to catch up with all of all this, we 970 owners buy a 4GB card, it isn't really 4GB. Nvidia back track on fixing it or at least helping the issues related to this and we can return them. This leaves our options of buying a 980 or going to AMD? I mean its great we can return them but then to fork out more money for another card seems a bit of a con which leaves me with swapping to AMD

Soldato
You can return if your unhappy with it, it is still the best bang for buck performance card on the market though, bear in mind the problem is blown out of proportion, a lot of baiting and trolling happening making things seem far worse than they are.

The fact is 970 still offers the best package at sub £300 as a gaming graphics card.

Thanks for the speedy response. I may well return it and stump up the extra for a 980 tbh. I will start the RMA process off tomorrow when I'm off work. Which 980 to go for? :)

Associate
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom