• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

970's having performance issues using 4GB Vram - Nvidia investigating

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the reports that the benchmark runs fine on a headless GTX970 it seems like it may be a Windows/software issue so should be fixable /shrug.

Quite a few people in the thread linked in the OP *seem* to be saying the reverse, that on the 970 it exhibits even when running headless. Not seen anyone see it on a 780 or similar while headless but it's hard to tell, most people don't give clear info :(

Just because the issue isn't currently affecting you doesn't mean you should keep quiet.

If there is a generic hardware fault with the card that cannot be fixed, affected or otherwise, you have been sold a broken and/or falsely advertised product and have every right to ask questions.

Granted returning them off the back of this thread is a bit silly, but unfortunately people starting to send their cards back may be the quickest way to get answers, I would hope NVidia will notice the growing concern about this and act, but I doubt they will until retailers start querying them regarding getting money.

I never said anything about keeping quiet though?!?!

So no then?

Why have you not reported any issues before now then?

I just think it's pathetic that now it's suddenly public you've come out demanding a right to a refund when evidently you don't seem to even be affected by the issue.

If you become affected by it at a later date then sure, knock yourself out. Could you show us what happens on your system when your VRAM is between 3.5GB and 4GB?
It's no different to you buying a car advertised at 300bhp, only to find it's only got 250bhp. This would cause uproar and cost car manufactures millions. It's false advertising at worst (if they knew about it), and a faulty product at best.

We already know his thoughts though, as as you say, this could cost OcUK a good chunk of money in returns, and i doubt they'll want to shell out :p
It won't be for them to say either way if it ends up being a confirmed hardware fault by Nvidia that cannot be fixed. Onus will be on Nvidia to honour returns, and OCUK will be entitled to compensation accordingly I am sure. They are in essence as much of a 'victim' in this as anyone else.

How about ....... ??

Not got to prove jack to you buddy so please make use of our free NHS service and get that stick removed.

Honestly... you must think you're someone getting aggressive and bossy like that.

I prefer private healthcare, thanks, but I will take your advice on using their services. I'll take your waffle as evidence that you're not even affected by the issue.

As I said, if it does happen to negatively impact you then rattle away and get your refund. :)

Hmm......not so great eh guys?

Well....amid the poking going on above, I am indeed concerned and is it affecting me now? Nope.

But the question is, will it affect me 1, 2, 3 years in the future when i can afford 4K for example but I will be unable to sort it? More than likely if its a hardware issue

I paid premium money for a product that is future proofed.....this issue, if indeed an issue, removes that future proofing so i will to be pursuing it now while i can....regardless of whether it affects me now or not.

Surely that is fair

J

It's no different to you buying a car advertised at 300bhp, only to find it's only got 250bhp. This would cause uproar and cost car manufactures millions. It's false advertising at worst (if they knew about it), and a faulty product at best.

It is completely different because that would affect you from the off.

It won't be for them to say either way if it ends up being a confirmed hardware fault by Nvidia that cannot be fixed. Onus will be on Nvidia to honour returns, and OCUK will be entitled to compensation accordingly I am sure. They are in essence as much of a 'victim' in this as anyone else.

Yeah thats true, onus would be on Nvidia, but then again, would they really like to have to shell out the millions :D

It is completely different because that would affect you from the off.
It makes no difference WHEN it affects you. Does not change the fact you have bought and paid for something you don't have! Again, this is assuming the cards cannot be fixed with firmware, which we don't know yet.

I never said anything about keeping quiet though?!?!

Originally Posted by Rusty0611 View Post
So no then?

Why have you not reported any issues before now then?

I just think it's pathetic that now it's suddenly public you've come out demanding a right to a refund when evidently you don't seem to even be affected by the issue.

If you become affected by it at a later date then sure, knock yourself out. Could you show us what happens on your system when your VRAM is between 3.5GB and 4GB?

I may be wrong* but, to me, that comes across like your telling him he should have kept quiet if he's not being affected. Granted its probably an overreaction on his part but still.

*I'm not wrong

Last edited:
It makes no difference WHEN it affects you. Does not change the fact you have bought and paid for something you don't have! Again, this is assuming the cards cannot be fixed with firmware, which we don't know yet.

Of course it does. You're the one that made the bad comparison.

If you're conpletely happy with a card then just sort a return out on it as and when it becomes an issue.

Of course it does. You're the one that made the bad comparison.

If you're conpletely happy with a card then just sort a return out on it as and when it becomes an issue.

What about in maybe, 3 years when you can finally afford 4K and/or games really starts stressing the card at 1080?

You think anyone would honour that?

J

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom