9ine04

Associate
This is probably a stupid question but is there a possibility that the weight of the rads plus the fluid that will be in then could topple the case without the books there for support? Surely that's a lot more weight than the HDDs the case was designed for...

I'm sure this is something both you and InWin have considered, but it's really nagging at me.

Edit. Ignore me, just looked at the case with the aluminium casing on, OBVIOUSLY my concern isn't valid. Nice build!

Associate
OP
Cpu block looks great with Dominator P's. I just realised this isn't a R4BE due to the RAM sockets.

Looking very good all-round. Really original build

Haha yeah, I'm just using the I/O cover from it to clean it up a little. I'll remove/cover up the RIVE branding eventually.

Great looking so far.

I have a full MIPs kit for my max gene. So sad they R.I.p.

Keep up the great work.

Love MIPs blocks. I'll be sticking with 2011 for a long time because of that block.

This is probably a stupid question but is there a possibility that the weight of the rads plus the fluid that will be in then could topple the case without the books there for support? Surely that's a lot more weight than the HDDs the case was designed for...

I'm sure this is something both you and InWin have considered, but it's really nagging at me.

Edit. Ignore me, just looked at the case with the aluminium casing on, OBVIOUSLY my concern isn't valid. Nice build!

You got it. :p

Associate
OP
awesome build.

Thanks!

All cables are now sleeved! Good job too as I'm down to about 5m of paracord left from the 60m I bought.

Here's where I'm at now:
QPUwQQ1.jpg

At the last minute, I changed where the 24pin was going to be routed. I had already cut a hole into the motherboard tray for the cable to go through but, as I discovered with the 8pin, it would have crossed the tubing. And I didn't want that. In the end I routed it up and over the radiators, and then out of the case inside the gap between the inside and outside of the case (where the SSDs are). Routing it here will mean that I can't sew it, but it'll mostly be hidden anyway.
Z65Gy8j.jpg
(It'll look better than that when it's finished.)

I also changed the PCI cables so they fold back on themselves, instead of angling towards the PSU. I'll need to cut a hole for the cables in the rad mount so I can hide that mess in the unused space behind the original front panel.
s3bSxbT.jpg

I also found a better way to manage the cables behind the radiators. By moving the fan PCB to between the bottom 2 radiators, the 8pin and SATA power cables can fit around the edges better.
dxiGQ8W.jpg
The Molex cable will mostly be hidden underneath the radiators.

The end is now in sight! :D
I still need to cut a hole below the motherboard for the tubing, as well as in the optical drive bay below the PSU. Hopefully everything will line up for me and I can just crack on with the tubing.

Speaking of tubing: acrylic is a lot harder to work with than normal tubing. A lot harder.

Associate
Very nice mate you have planned this really good when you were on about it before you started.
I thought no way but your making it happen really is a nice looking case I thought they were releasing a itx version

Last edited:
Associate
OP
It's looking great, need finished!

It really does. I've kinda been preoccupied by a certain little vehicle that's consuming all of my time (and money) at the moment:

JVI17GI.jpg

So the PC has taken a temporary back seat for a few weeks.

Projects like this deserve the thought put into it. Results show .
Lush pink.

Thanks! All the thinking is done now and I just need to put it all together now. Still not really sure how I'm going to bend the tubing from the GPU to CPU, or how to fit it? :confused:

Very creative radiator! Liking it a lot :)

i really like this, stealth mode (with pink)

Thanks guys. I'll hopefully have an update some time this week.

Back
Top Bottom