9yr old attacked because her daddy is a cop

Permabanned
My Dad is a policeman...

Didn't go down well with people when I was at school years ago...

He used to take the alcohol away from them... and pour it away in front of them.

For some reason that made me a ***t, and everyone hated me :(

Soldato
Jesus Christ, good on the policeman for showing some constraint.

I have no idea how people can be so anti-police... Admittedly there probably are a few who get power trips from their job and who are a bit too heavy handed, but generally speaking they seem alright and are just trying to help. They're there to help society not imprison those who follow the law. Yes there are examples of some going over the top, but how can people be so anti them. It just makes my mind boggle...

kd

Soldato
People are seriously overreacting if they think corporal punishment is going to fix a broken teenager. Crime rate is the lowest since the 90s, the criminal system needs to change to reform and not just lock people up. The truth is that this kid is a repeat offender, he should have been fixed before he did this. Look at the way Scandinavian countries treat their criminals, they have very low repeat offenders.
Is he ?
It turned out that he was the younger brother of a man I had Arrested for drugs possession a couple of days earlier.
And arrested for drug possession ? Something that shouldn't be illegal (in small numbers) in the first place and the government has no right to stick its nose in imho.

My Dad is a policeman...

Didn't go down well with people when I was at school years ago...

He used to take the alcohol away from them... and pour it away in front of them.

For some reason that made me a ***t, and everyone hated me :(
That is taking the pee a bit ain't it, pouring it empty ? How old were they? 18 years is a bit of a late drinking age imho.

Yes, disgusting.

But, it would help if we did not live in such a criminalised society. It pains me the ammount of people (esp young people) who feel like the police are the enemy because of this.

In reality the police should be looked up to for doing such an important job.

That is the governments fault, for thinking they can still play authoritarian over so many issues, in reality, they should mind their own bloody business instead of taking away so much freedom, and police officers obsessively enforcing ridiculous laws and rules rather than just protecting the peace on the streets and protecting your assets.

I don't think arresting someone for drug possession is so important, nor taking alcohol from 16 year olds, or obsessively catching speeders... Luckily most of em are decent chaps but in my experience ( and I've spoken to A LOT of cops, I guess due to the odd hours I hang out at at night...) 1/4th of them are total idiots, I hate them, often acting way to tough or being a stereotypical old whiney farts, most of em are normal guys who stay around for a friendly chat or simply just warn ya if you did something wrong or tell ya not to make a mess. The fact that there are so many idiots in the force I find it easier to avoid/not trust any of them.

Yeah I'm anti authoritarian rubbish.

Last edited:
Soldato
So here we have it, lolsnowdog is up for having people openly carrying drugs and teenagers under the age of 18 loitering around and drinking alcohol in public spaces.

Sounds heavenly,

Soldato
Snowdog, is it possible that you're saying that the government's bad policies and laws force the police and normal people into conflict, the result of which is resentment on both sides?

Soldato
So here we have it, lolsnowdog is up for having people openly carrying drugs and teenagers under the age of 18 loitering around and drinking alcohol in public spaces.

Sounds heavenly,
There is nothing wrong with carrying drugs and luckily more countries like the Czech Republic pop up who see that instead of staying in the stone ages ''drugs are bad mmmkay''.
I'm used to a drinking age of 16 and see nothing wrong with that.

I think the government has no right to interfere. That is old authoritarian fart thinking mentality.

lol just back at you for ''drugs are bad mmmmkay''. There is a reason why more people in the UK smoke a joint than here, part of it is that it is illegal. The fun is off for youngsters if it's not illegal. In me eyes there is absolutely nothing wring with smoking a joint to chillax. I absolutely hate the feeling and bar trying it twice (years ago already) I don't touch that **** with a barge pole, but I don't see why it should be banned.

Snowdog, is it possible that you're saying that the government's bad policies and laws force the police and normal people into conflict, the result of which is resentment on both sides?

Aye. The same thing is going on here. Police are enforcing and going after the middle and working class, but fail with organized crime, voilence, theft, etc...

Last edited:
Soldato
I agree with snowdog about our current laws don't help, we actually need to treat adults as adults and it's really down to you what you do with your body.
Extreme sports are legal even though they have a high risk of injury and I don't see many people complaining about that.

Thread heading a bit off course but imo we are way too soft on to many fronts.

Drugs are bad, avoiding the psycological damage proven to happen from the soft "harmless" drugs, there is often a long term effect of the harder drugs affecting peoples lives and leading them into a downward spiral, which has a direct link with crime.

Liking drug abuse (be that legal/illegal) to extreme sports is just lol. The main issues with all types of drugs including alcohol is that people under the influence often affect others, be that directly related e.g stealing off family, not caring properly for dependants, to those with whom they have no relationship, eg fighting after getting ****ed, shouting in the street, littering with takeway boxes etc

You could legalise all drugs, that would in fact hurt organised crime as its a major earner for them, but they would move on to other avenues.

The MINORITY may think lots of things should be legal with no repercussions, but they are still a minority, because if they were not you would see someone running for parliament with policies such as removing the police from all but "serious crime", legalise all drugs, ignore speeding offences etc etc. The reason no one does is because they would be a fringe party who no one but those who do not understand more than simple concepts would ever vote for.

Soldato
And those who break the law because of drugs could be prosecuted. Drug use should never be encouraged but only those who are addicted should be treated as having a problem and prison is not going to help.
I don't think small crime should be ignored but drugs should at least be decriminalized and some of the less harmful ones could be legalized.

Last edited:
Soldato
I think the Winsor report is broadly speaking a significant amount of progress, I can understand why existing police don't want their overtime taken away, but if the police was such a bad job then there wouldn't be masses of people trying to get in on it. Same as teaching.

Back
Top Bottom