A 10 hour walk (the Jay Slater thread)...

Soldato
Do young people buy travel insurance?
I didn't when I was young, still don't but I never went on holiday to take risks.... Fine, venturing around Brazil wasn't the safest thing to do, but most people thought I was a local until I spoke.

Sad way to go, his mum encouraged him to go on holiday, she must be distraught.

Soldato
I think many people are so far removed from nature they don't have any understanding of what can be dangerous.

I mean you see it over here with people dying or being rescued from mountains that they've trekked up in sandals and shorts.
Google maps routing should be sufficient tell him it is a stupid idea.

Soldato
Got drunk, possible drugs, got into an accident, died. Happens all the time, this story was just a bit more exotic and so made the news.
Have you seen the video of the area? More like god drunk, possible drugs, decided to go on a quite complexity level 9 hike through a mountainous area lol.

Soldato
Hope the lad didn’t suffer too much and it was a quick death at least.

I’m sure the ‘he crossed the wrong people and ended in the volcano’ crowd and their ilk are suitably embarrassed. Though I highly doubt it.

Soldato
Hope the lad didn’t suffer too much and it was a quick death at least.

I’m sure the ‘he crossed the wrong people and ended in the volcano’ crowd and their ilk are suitably embarrassed. Though I highly doubt it.
I onced smashed in the Volcano on Palma (I think it is Palma). True story

Soldato
? what was his footwear
Have they shown whether there was some footpath he could have been trying to follow

Back
Top Bottom