A 10 hour walk (the Jay Slater thread)...

Soldato
Did anyone legitimately believe that though? I don't think I've seen anyone doing anything more than taking the pee, although granted I avoid the likes of Reddit and Twitter like the plague.
Sadly they did/do. Just look at the conspiracy theories starting to surface around the Trump shooting on Twitter. I don’t know the strict medical term for this type of individual but let’s just say they’ve got screws loose somewhere.

Soldato
Sadly they did/do. Just look at the conspiracy theories starting to surface around the Trump shooting on Twitter. I don’t know the strict medical term for this type of individual but let’s just say they’ve got screws loose somewhere.

Ouch, yeah I don't see much of that stuff as I DM'd a mod a few years back and asked them to ban me from the Speakers Corner part of the forum. I was sick and tired of seeing crazy threads/takes when checking feeds, I love the forum but it's a tech/light hearted chat online retreat to me.

Oh there sure was, sadly. And again I’m not even talking about Reddit etc. - just this thread! Unfortunate happenings often bring out the weirdos.

I haven't really been keeping up with the thread par the odd glance, honestly I feel bad for the family but I'm not particularly invested in a random idiot kid (who really should have been behind bars imo) that went missing on holiday. There's plenty of far more deserving people that have vanished doing similar that never get a second thought from the news or social media.

Edit: Sorry for any crossover between responses to the two of you, half asleep!

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Oh there sure was, sadly. And again I’m not even talking about Reddit etc. - just this thread! Unfortunate happenings often bring out the weirdos.

I've not really followed this one much and I'm sure there are some crazy conspiracies but aside from having found a body I've not seen anything which answers many questions or puts to bed some of the stuff I've seen floated about it being drugs related, etc.

Soldato
Personally, I didn’t believe in any of the conspiracy theories.. I honestly wouldn’t have even clicked on this thread if I knew it was about him and thought it was just an hiking thread; Someone amended the thread title later.

This might be showing some sociopathic tendencies in myself. I really couldn’t give two hoots, but once I started reading I got invested in the conspiracy theories in how crazy and funny they were/are.. then came the **** detective which amped it up further.

I have two friends on the opposite ends of the political spectrum, both are heavily invested into “deep state”, it’s just painful… thankfully they like me enough not to share their ideology with me to often. If they actual spoke to each other, they would find that they have a lot in common.. in fact they would make a lovely couple, a crazy wacky couple who shouldn’t be allowed to have a kids.. but a lovely couple nonetheless.

Soldato
I honestly don't know why this blew up the way that it did, people go missing and/or die while doing silly crap abroad all the time but you never hear about it.
Personally I think it got so much coverage because of what happened to Michael Mosely shortly before. If that had never happened this would have been a few seconds on the news and quickly forgotten by everyone except the family.

Caporegime
Personally I think it got so much coverage because of what happened to Michael Mosely shortly before. If that had never happened this would have been a few seconds on the news and quickly forgotten by everyone except the family.
Might have been wiser for them to keep it out of the news cycle frankly, but then again I suppose they got 50 grand out of it regardless of his prior proclivities.

Soldato
I've not really followed this one much and I'm sure there are some crazy conspiracies but aside from having found a body I've not seen anything which answers many questions or puts to bed some of the stuff I've seen floated about it being drugs related, etc.
True, until the autopsy, foul play is still an option. Least we know he wasn’t dumped in the volcano!!

Soldato
Probably just on some alcohol and/or drugs and made a fatal error of wandering off.
Fell down somewhere and died.

Nothing more to it than that.
You missed the bit where his trousers were by his ankles and a cact........nevermind too soon. I bet he just fell.

Caporegime
9oeL9XH.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom