A 10 hour walk (the Jay Slater thread)...

The pic of the body being recovered is pretty grim - imagine being the rescue worker strapped to a body thats been out in the heat for 4 weeks..

I’m sure the ‘he crossed the wrong people and ended in the volcano’ crowd and their ilk are suitably embarrassed. Though I highly doubt it.
Curiosity got the better of me and I headed over to the Jay Slater subreddit.

The edgelords are still swinging. I just read one where they suggested that the body must have been planted there recently because the area had been searched. Another said it couldn't be Jay because they believed the godawful Daily Fail that his phone had been found on a remote beach.

Curiosity got the better of me and I headed over to the Jay Slater subreddit.

The edgelords are still swinging. I just read one where they suggested that the body must have been planted there recently because the area had been searched. Another said it couldn't be Jay because they believed the godawful Daily Fail that his phone had been found on a remote beach.
you don't even need to go to any subreddits - there's at least a couple of them in here posting.

Lets see what the autopsy reveals.

He could have lain there for hours dying a slow death from his injuries.
while it is of course possible that he was alive and conscious for a few hours, i'd be very surprised if he didn't die pretty quickly. either from the fall or dehydration/exposure. least i hope the poor bugger did.

Hope the lad didn’t suffer too much and it was a quick death at least.

I’m sure the ‘he crossed the wrong people and ended in the volcano’ crowd and their ilk are suitably embarrassed. Though I highly doubt it.

Did anyone legitimately believe that though? I don't think I've seen anyone doing anything more than taking the pee, although granted I avoid the likes of Reddit and Twitter like the plague.

I joked about it at one point after something about him allegedly stealing a Rolex came out, but fully assumed he'd got lost or injured himself while drunk. I honestly don't know why this blew up the way that it did, people go missing and/or die while doing silly crap abroad all the time but you never hear about it.

Last edited:
So he fell down a ravine?

Not necessarily, the path could have been in or close to one for example and just inaccessible to vehicles, maybe he wandered off the path a little way and collapsed/fallen unconscious or something.

Back
Top Bottom