A 10 hour walk...

Soldato
I have no idea why i'm reading the Jay Slater Missing - Official FB page, but now i've started i can't stop!

C47KvIT.png

rdw9Ruo.png

rp2000
Thanks that's 30 mins I won't get back :p

Associate
should be something election related in those odds - this was an unexpected survival story today

----------

lost ability to navigate w/o a mobile - this aspect of mobile phones was in the news this week too -

( irrespective - phones remain useless for navigating if you do any rock climbing )
Was gonna say I wasn't sure why this was election related, then saw the comment :rolleyes:

But heard about this on the radio earlier and it gave me and my dad a good laugh... I like the fact the owner basically said '**** it, seems happy enough, let him be' :D

Caporegime

30k fundraiser to find a guy that harmed an innocent person, showed no remorse, went abroad to sell drugs, messed up and got bit by karma and is likely sleeping in the sea in pieces?

Could be all a scam just to get some cash and will end up reappearing. I guess the guy got involved with something and is now 6ft under.

Bet the parents will say he was a good lad and would never hurt a fly.

Not sure why we are wasting time on this reprobate. He should be in prison really not in Tenerife.

Associate
I'm in north Tenerife at present and the coach ride up certainly was enough to tell me it's not a casual stroll or open to walking unless prepared. Mainly baron empty land for miles, hope the best for the lad mind.
I went to Tenerife in my mid 20s and the hills to get back to your hotel after a night out in the town are seriously hard work.

I wouldn't go back there for that reason alone, although there are quite a lot of other things I didn't particularly like about it either.

Caporegime
Occams razor, the lad is dead somewhere along the walk home.

^^^ this seems most likely. He is a bit of a scumbag and I guess it's not completely implausible that someone like him might get involved in the drug trade/become some sort of low-level dealer for an organised crime group out there but some of the series relating to that seem very fanciful.

The missed transport home when drunk, decided to walk it anyway and then got lost seems much more plausible.

30k fundraiser to find a guy that harmed an innocent person, showed no remorse, went abroad to sell drugs, messed up and got bit by karma and is likely sleeping in the sea in pieces?

Another woke, deluded judge - they showed no remorse in the trial apparently/didn't take it seriously and it was expected to end in custodial sentences but he decides, in his wisdom, that they can just do some unpaid work etc.. but they'd better behave because next time he'll totally punish them.

Soldato
The mother has posted an update on the gofundme page

There’s also a comment from a donator calling them out.

Perhaps I’m being overly cynical here but I just don’t get the need for it or why they immediately set one up. Surely raising funding would be the last thing on your mind?

Soldato

Perhaps I’m being overly cynical here but I just don’t get the need for it or why they immediately set one up. Surely raising funding would be the last thing on your mind?
Listen!!! it's much easiler for the mother to look for her missing angel in a new 4x4....

Caporegime
Drunk...gone for a quick pee at the side of the road & stumbled down into that ravine that they've been unsuccessfully searching. He'll turn up in a few days. Dead probably.

Yeah sadly he's almost certainly dead by now, save for one of the more fanciful hypotheses like a kidnapping or some sort of Shannon Mathews fundraising scam.

I've only read a few little bits but it seems like:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Went to the festival with his friend Lucy(?) (or maybe others - not seen other friends mentioned???).

Wasn't with her at the end of the night though - not clear what happened there, she was separated from him and made the (night) bus back but he didn't? It's a 40 minute drive or a 10 - or 11 hour walk back.

Was apparently with two British guys who he'd met on the holiday (or at the festival?) (possibly the guys from Luton who have been mentioned as having flown back to the UK), one of them apparently seemed to be around 40 yrs old. He's gone back to their AirBnb, presumably made friends/carried on drinking/after-party type situation.

Then he wakes up in the morning and he's trying to get back home around 8am, the problem is his new friend's AirBnb is rather remote (they had a rental car), there is a bus stop outside the property and a neighbour had told him about a bus every 10 minutes going back to the main town.

But another local spoke to him and tried to explain that the first bus wasn't until 10am or two hours away... about 10 -15 minutes later she drives past him on the road and he's now about 1 km along the road from the bus stop/AirBnb - presumably grew impatient and decided to walk it. That's the last time he's spotted.

Presumably around that time he's got himself onto a trail and that's where he calls his friend Lucy and mentions he's got no water and 1% battery... and I guess going off-road he's at risk of falling/getting lost.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now the additional bits are his stepdad has mentioned it being strange that he'd walk - saying he always asks for a lift to the local hairdressers 200 meters away.

His friend Lucy seems to be trying to put some blame on the two British guys, criticising the fact they've seemingly flown back to the UK and also commenting about how charging his phone and getting a taxi would be the logical thing to to ergo... was he trying to get away from the AirBnb ASAP, inc perhaps why he'd walk off instead of hanging around at the bus stop outside it.

But I do wonder, especially w.r.t the latter, if that's partly just a result of feeling guilty (possibly for ditching him at the festival?) and trying to shift any perceived blame?

Last edited:
Caporegime
Yeah sadly he's almost certainly dead by now, save for one of the more fanciful hypotheses like a kidnapping or some sort of Shannon Mathews fundraising scam.

I've only read a few little bits but it seems like:

Went to the festival with his friend Lucy(?) (or maybe others - not seen other friends mentioned???).

Wasn't with her at the end of the night though - not clear what happened there, she was separated from him and made the (night) bus back but he didn't. It's a 40 minute drive or a 10 - or 11 hour walk back.

Was apparently with two British guys who he'd met on the holiday (or at the festival?) (possibly the guys from Luton who have been mentioned as having flown back to the UK), one of them apparently seemed to be around 40 yrs old. He's gone back to their AirBnb, presumably made friends/carried on drinking/after-party type situation.

Then he wakes up in the morning and he's trying to get back home around 8am, the problem is his new friend's AirBnb is rather remote (they had a rental car), there is a bus stop outside the property and a neighbour had told him about a bus every 10 minutes going back to the main town.

But another local spoke to him and tried to explain that the first bus wasn't until 10am or two hours away... about 10 -15 minutes later she drives past him on the road and he's now about 1 km along the road from the bus stop/AirBnb - presumably grew impatient and decided to walk it. That's the last time he's spotted.

Presumably around that time he's got himself onto a trail and that's where he calls his friend Lucy and mentions he's got no water and 1% battery... and I guess going off-road he's at risk of falling/getting lost.

Most likely correct but I much prefer the one that Lucy is a drug mule for a Moroccan drug ring and he stole their gear/expensive watch and sniffed it all. Hence why she setup the gofundme for 30k almost instantly.

The thing about Chinese whispers is in the world of social media they get multiplied by the power of a million. :D

Caporegime

I don't get how raising 30k is going to bring him home, when he's missing...@

likje what is the money for? it doesn't seemt o say on that page...

people are so gullible and dumb with money, that's why town centres are crawling with beggars and people who you see daily asking for £2 for the bus....

he's either getting found or he's not, the 30 k is nothing compared to the resources already looking...

Lol at one of the comments about leaving bottles of water around in case he finds one....
does the place not have water fountains dotted around at bus stops etc?

in some countries I've seen them in the middle of forests where barely anyone would walk apart from locals

Last edited:
Soldato
We had some really good explanations of what was going on in the Michael Mosely thread, can we get those posters in here

That speculation was more around how an intelligent and famous man could disappear on a small island.

In this scenario it seems there was more than enough stupid on display to lead to a bad ending...

Soldato
We had some really good explanations of what was going on in the Michael Mosely thread, can we get those posters in here
Late at night missed last bus(?) and phone with either no charge and no signal decided to walk didn't realise how dark it gets when the sun goes down probably never been out of sight of a street lamp before, has a misstep falls down a ravine and either dies of dehydration or breaks something unable to move and no signal with the same result. From news reports the local police have lost interest people complain about the cops here but if it was here there would be a proper search fanning out there they don't seem to be interested in looking for a missing foreigner other than half hearted searches of buildings near where the last signal was which they've already searched before days ago. At the very least put up a drone or something can't be that hard to spot clothing amongst such drab scenary.

Last edited:
Soldato
Late at night missed last bus(?) and phone with either no charge and no signal decided to walk didn't realise how dark it gets when the sun goes down probably never been out of sight of a street lamp before, has a misstep falls down a ravine and either dies of dehydration or breaks something unable to move and no signal with the same result. From news reports the local police have lost interest people complain about the cops here but if it was here there would be a proper search fanning out there they don't seem to be interested in looking for a missing foreigner other than half hearted searches of buildings near where the last signal was which they've already searched before days ago. At the very least put up a drone or something can't be that hard to spot clothing amongst such drab scenary.

It was the morning wasn't it?

I've been to that part of Tenerife. There is a road along the west coast that leads to Masca.

From what I've read, he starts the walk home in the morning sometime before the buses start to run, then somehow gets lost.

Just stick to the road.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was something more sinister tbh, in this case there does seem to be some suspicion around the event and people involved.

Back
Top Bottom