A battlefield2 thread

Associate
Minstadave said:
When I play road to to jalla-whatsit I have a BETA1 icon on the screen, have I got the wrong patch?

I just read a message on *** bf2s website. They had the 1.4 beta by mistake and not the 1.4 incremental patch by mistake.

How have you been dave haven't seen you on the battlefield for ages.

Associate
GoRedwings19 said:
I just read a message on *** bf2s website. They had the 1.4 beta by mistake and not the 1.4 incremental patch by mistake.

How have you been dave haven't seen you on the battlefield for ages.

Do you still have to set the affinity to 1 with the new patch. I am waiting for it to download and install so haven't had time to try it.

Associate
Just what is it with this game :mad:

Why does it have such an un-realistic feel to it. After all the patches it has had, the work on designing it and still you can't kill someone infront of you with 10 rounds to the chest!

The weapons damage in this game to me is still a MASSIVE let down, whatever happened to one shot one kill that a lot of other FPS games emply, being shot by a sniper rifle 90% of the time would kill instantly, so also would popping someone in the head 2-3 times....why have EA done this to the game, it just makes me mad that it ruins everything else in the game which is so good.

I really hope BF2142 is a LOT better in this area otherwise I will probably leave the FPS scene all together, I'm getting really tired of buying a game only to be wound up by the fact that they provide rubber bullets, it is pathetic!

Oh well rant over, does anyone else share the same view or also agreed that the weapon damage is no where near where it should be??

Stu

Last edited:
Soldato
Fireblade2K4 said:

/snip

Stu

you have to take into account lag, all games have it determined by everyones connection and the server.
then you have to consider the interpolate/prediction/latency, in other words the server is predicting your next position and the enemy moving infornt of you isnt actually always at the position your looking at , hence when you sometimes shoot at some1 and it looks like a hit it but it aint. (hitboxes)

1 shot kills in bf2 would ruin the game, its fine in counterstrike, with small maps and no vehicles and railguns in q3 etc etc .

realism again is NOT what bf2 is about, there are mods for that .

tip : change this file accordingly :- BACK UP ORIGINAL

C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\Settings\UserSettings.con

SettingsManager.floatSet GSDefaultLatencyCompensation 0.030 (for a ping of 30) <=- hence if you ping 80 try .080 etc etc ... its does work

Last edited:
Associate
The incrimental(sp?) patch worked fine for me, but i did get that "There's a problem with your connection" message for a split second in my first game, which is worrying.

The new map is nuts, feels a bit like COD2 as far as some of the hiding places go. But it's a lil framerate killer at times. All in all, i think its pretty cool.

Soldato
Fireblade2K4 said:

Why does it have such an un-realistic feel to it. After all the patches it has had, the work on designing it and still you can't kill someone infront of you with 10 rounds to the chest!

The weapons damage in this game to me is still a MASSIVE let down, whatever happened to one shot one kill that a lot of other FPS games emply, being shot by a sniper rifle 90% of the time would kill instantly, so also would popping someone in the head 2-3 times....why have EA done this to the game, it just makes me mad that it ruins everything else in the game which is so good.

I really hope BF2142 is a LOT better in this area otherwise I will probably leave the FPS scene all together, I'm getting really tired of buying a game only to be wound up by the fact that they provide rubber bullets, it is pathetic!

Oh well rant over, does anyone else share the same view or also agreed that the weapon damage is no where near where it should be??

Stu

All sniper guns in BF2 are one shot kills if you get a good head shot.
I must admit that i dont like the pistol damage as its far to low even at point blank to the head took at least 2-3 shots.

Associate
Fireblade2K4 said:

Stu

Try PoE mod for BF2, i havent played Bf2 in weeks, just been playing PoE instead. If you pop someone in the head with a shot, they die, if you let rip on someone they get the hell down or find some cover. Fallen is one of the best maps ever created, a proper infantry map where covering fire and fire and manuveur actually work.

Back
Top Bottom