A thread with photos and things.

Man of Honour
OP
Don't see anyone else willing to stand there through tens of repeated attempts until the shot is just right :p

I also use a human figure to give a sense of scale and add perspective. Looks better for it!

Man of Honour
OP
My 560TX isn't here yet so I'll have to waltz around a bit while I get the speedlite power suitable for mild fill for them but other than that I think I know what I'm doing with this now :p

Just hoping that nothing runs late in the evening so they have time to get it right. Oh and the weather :D

Caporegime
Don't like that first one. I appreciate what shes trying to do but weddings are supposed to be happy times. Not her standing there like the female lesbian warrior from GOT :p

Man of Honour
OP
It completely suits her character as a person though (she's a secondary school teacher) ;)

That wedding was really sweet, location was sweet, I have an astro composite to come with the two of them in silhouette but the morning did have a very awkward moment when one of the bridal party mums asked if I was single while I was shooting them getting ready, wasn't for her... for her daughter :o

Caporegime
Haha I've had that before!

The bride was completely hammered, told me I was hot, and dragged me off saying "my sister will like you, shes single, you should meet"

I'd like to point out now the bride wasn't a looker and she was the 'hot one' out of the two :p

I had to go with the flow and as soon as she let go of my hand (she literally dragged me along) I made my excuses and went elsewhere :p - I was worried if I jerked my hand back with her being drunk she'd either fall over or get angry!

Ahhh the joys of a wedding photographer :D

Soldato
Don't like that first one. I appreciate what shes trying to do but weddings are supposed to be happy times. Not her standing there like the female lesbian warrior from GOT :p

Thats basically what a married woman is minus the lesbian bit ie they are some god who snap there fingers to there husbands giving them orders :)

So far the the story on that image is bang on.

It would look more daft if it was the husband standing like that!. matter of speaking, i bet your wife would not allow for such an image proving my point lol

Associate
mrk - im not no photo expert but why do a lot of your shots have like a weird contrast thing going on? not that they look bad, i love'm lol

Soldato
He's not the only one :D There are a few others that post/used to post on here that use/used it. Some others use a horribly over done style that looks like it's a photo that's been mucked up and had severe recovery attempts done on it. Others are quite mild, and stylish.

To my mind it only suits certain styles of photo, which mrk seems to nail quite often.

Back
Top Bottom