• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

A Week With NVIDIA's G-SYNC Monitor

Two hours later, after running my own G-Sync demo (on my own terms, with my own selection of games), I adamantly swore off gaming on anything but a G-Sync monitor, regardless of its size or resolution. The differences are that extreme. In fact, I’ll go on record and predict that this single technology will decisively win Nvidia the desktop GPU race within 5 years unless somehow it gets licensed out to AMD. Once you see it for yourself, you’ll never go back

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonev...-nvidias-g-sync-technology-is-truly-next-gen/

It seems that nearly everyone who has seen it in person has said WOW/OMG this is fantastic or something similar and some people who haven't seen it seem to think it wont be anything special.
Well I know who I want to be right, as a nice new monitor halfway through next year could be a nice little present for myself.

It seems that nearly everyone who has seen it in person has said WOW/OMG this is fantastic or something similar and some people who haven't seen it seem to think it wont be anything special.
Well I know who I want to be right, as a nice new monitor halfway through next year could be a nice little present for myself.

The same could be said about mantle.

All being well I should be able to review a standard 120hz panel vs the new 144hz gsync panel very soon. For the first time in a long time I'm not hesitant about a big purchase.

I will try and run it side by side with my current monitor. The ultimate test is crysis 3 complete max out, if playable gsync wins :)

Edit: I'll give ot some witcher 2 ubersampling treatment too, gibbo wanted 780 slii results and I intend to deliver.

Last edited:
We wish there was an easy way to convey how G-SYNC affects on-screen animation, but there isn’t. We don’t have a means to capture DisplayPort feeds and shooting video of the screen and hosting it on-line doesn’t capture the full effect either. In lieu of an easy visual method to show how effective G-SYNC is, we’ll just have to write about it. Luckily, G-SYNC can be summed up in one word—impressive.

http://hothardware.com/Reviews/NVIDIA-GSYNC-Display-Technology-Explored/?page=3

I should stop reading up on this, as the more I do, the more I want :D

http://hothardware.com/Reviews/NVIDIA-GSYNC-Display-Technology-Explored/?page=3

I should stop reading up on this, as the more I do, the more I want :D

That pcper video was very good, really got me wanting a butcher's. I will be watching the roll-out of this tech and hoping for a reasonably-priced IPS or VA with it. Of course that might mean switching to green but I'm leaning towards that anyway next year with Maxwell. Although if AMD come up with their own version before then that'd be great also.

I will be hellishly disappointed if Asus' 39 inch VA 4K does not have this when it's released :D

I am pretty confident all the top models will get it at some stage. They have already said it works on 4K, so should be easy enough.

My main gripe with 1440P is the tearing and input lag. Love the colour depth and love the image clarity but can't handle V-Sync for BF4 or the tearing.

This Dell is a rubbish clocker and not even worth bothering with, as I get the tearing still.

That pcper video was very good, really got me wanting a butcher's. I will be watching the roll-out of this tech and hoping for a reasonably-priced IPS or VA with it. Of course that might mean switching to green but I'm leaning towards that anyway next year with Maxwell. Although if AMD come up with their own version before then that'd be great also.

A stand out point for me is the way we 'accept' the way games are displayed. I have read several times now that reviewers say it is night and day and I feel to get what they are on about, it pays to sit back and play something like BF4 - Bioshock - Tomb Raider and take note of the faults with the games image. I feel we have become so accustomed to tearing/stutter, we just put it to the back of our mind that this is how it is and it's fine.....

Of course, I would still like to see one and see for myself if it is worth splashing yet more cash on another monitor but from reviewers who were lucky enough to get one, they all big it up.

Knowing what Nvidia are like in previous, I would be surprised if they will share their tech with AMD but you never know, times might be a changing :)

I am pretty confident all the top models will get it at some stage. They have already said it works on 4K, so should be easy enough.

My main gripe with 1440P is the tearing and input lag. Love the colour depth and love the image clarity but can't handle V-Sync for BF4 or the tearing.

This Dell is a rubbish clocker and not even worth bothering with, as I get the tearing still.

RenderDevice.ForceRenderAheadLimit 3
RenderDevice.TripleBufferingEnable 1
gametime.maxvariablefps 59

+ in game Vsync reduces the Vsync lag a lot.

Sorry, son

Lord JJ is never wrong

clint-eastwood-disgusted-gif.gif

Back
Top Bottom