Acceptable to hit someone with a whip when they're grabbing your horse?

Soldato
So it's a class thing to you is it? Not an animal cruelty one? Whilst far from defending fox hunting with hounds my experience locally is most that partake are working class, with a farming background. It may be different in the southern Shires, I don't know, but the few hunt people I know on first name terms are far from what I imagine you would define as "toffs".
there are people referring to the protestor as a "smelly male peasant" etc.. i stand by my point, it's tofftacular in here!

p.s. anyone who has horses, a pack of dogs, reds and a horn IS a toff. Those with a farming background don't tend to like the hunt, largely because they're noisy arrogant ****s who wreck the place and rip terrified creatures to pieces for fun. Source: my farming background!

p.p.s. i'm sure you've raised this exact point with me before in a previous thread and i said exactly the same then, to which you said nothing in response.

B@

Soldato
I stand corrected, I have seen the additional footage now and the woman on the horse does appear to be unnecessarily aggressive and riding to intimidate at the start,

Soldato
Are you asking for proof that they were breaking the law and also suggesting that investigation and reporting of animal abuse is for the police to do and not the average citizen?

Can someone google translate that post for me?

Soldato
I will assume that in this last post you have again butchered English grammar and language. That you mean to say 'why, are you retarded?' rather than accusing me of being retarded and asking me why - because the latter would be breaking forum rules.

I ask because your post seems like it made by my young nephew, who is still grasping the English language.

Prove their was a fox and that is what the police are for.

The first part and second part of this post make no sense for several different reasons.

Regardless, animal abuse should be reported by everyone, not just the police.

Associate

Much longer video which showing the events leading up to the trespass and then the female rider using her horse to intimidate the sabs before the guy grabbed the horses reins.

Notice also the terriers on the quadbikes and the spades. Both tools used to pursue a fox that goes underground, something they shouldn't need if they were really drag hunting (following an artificial scent).

Soldato

Much longer video which showing the events leading up to the trespass and then the female rider using her horse to intimidate the sabs before the guy grabbed the horses reins.

Notice also the terriers on the quadbikes and the spades. Both tools used to pursue a fox that goes underground, something they shouldn't need if they were really drag hunting (following an artificial scent).

I'm very impressed with the courage and dedication of people who go out knowing they risk being beaten or harassed at their own cost and time to try and prevent this cruel sport.

Permabanned
there are people referring to the protestor as a "smelly male peasant" etc.. i stand by my point, it's tofftacular in here!

p.s. anyone who has horses, a pack of dogs, reds and a horn IS a toff. Those with a farming background don't tend to like the hunt, largely because they're noisy arrogant ****s who wreck the place and rip terrified creatures to pieces for fun. Source: my farming background!

p.p.s. i'm sure you've raised this exact point with me before in a previous thread and i said exactly the same then, to which you said nothing in response.

B@

I think any self respecting tramp would be justified in so describing him actually ;) the dogs are actually collectively owned by the hunt itself, and under a kennel master, they aren't people's pets. At least we can agree on it being a rather barbaric sport though :)

Associate
Both sides are idiots.

However, I have had the misfortune to be on the receiving end of a number of animal rights protests a fair few years ago due to my job at the time.

I used to be a service engineer, a large part of my work involved visiting various pharmaceutical research sites in the UK, most notably Huntingdon Life Sciences but all the other major ones as well, to fix and install equipment.

I had, on a number of occasions, to drive through picket lines of animal rights protestors. I can assure you, it was a throughly unpleasant experience. As noted previously, these people can be extremely threatening and abusive.

For example, stepping in front of and trying to block my car whilst screaming insults:

"I hope you get AIDs!"
"I hope your parents get cancer and die!"
"Pedophile!!!"
Taking photos are the car as you drive by and yelling "We'll find where you live!"
etc, etc

But what is hard to describe is the sheer unadulterated hatred on the faces of a lot them, directed at me whilst I was simply driving to work, often to simply to change a fuse or something. Hatred is such a powerful emotion, I suspect these people get off on it.

One of the most bizarre was, whilst at work on site in the midlands, an animal rights protest started to form at the main gates. I was advised to leave early and by the back gates, which I did. Upon pulling out onto the road I was confronted by a lone female, quite attractive and well dressed in office clothes, completely normal looking and about the same age as me at the time (late twenties). But she was clutching a large, about 3 foot high, teddy bear. She then proceeded to step in front of the car, blocking me in on the narrow road and unleash the most vile stream of invective I have ever heard in my life, both before and since. Fortunately, she stepped to the side window to get closer to me and I was able to make my escape.

I've watched the video, and maybe she did charge the protester, maybe she didn't. I'm not sure exactly how much control you have over a horse, I've never ridden one. But it was a short video and who knows what has happened before and after. But i'll stick to my original statement that both sides are idiots.

Not that I have a great deal of sympathy for the hunters, the very few people I've come across who hunt on horseback have been morons with a superiority complex - but not quite in the same league of unpleasantness as the animal rights protestors I've come across. In truth, I couldn't really care if hunting on horse back is allowed or banned - I suspect that's true for most people.

Also, foxes may be cute and furry but they are still vermin and need to be controlled. That being said, hunting them with dogs is a pretty inefficient way of doing it and possibly crueler than other methods.

Back
Top Bottom