Acer G24 Screen

Associate
im beginning to think that there might be something near my monitor thats causing the backlight bleed.... is there anything that can cause it?

surely im not unlucky enough to get 2 monitors with the same issues?
Have you got any speakers close to the monitor ?? Also what angle have you got the monitor, when i look from the side i can see what looks like bleed on mine but when sit right in front of it there is nothing

Associate
just the center speaker from my creative 5.1 set, although with the first monitor I had, I never had my speakers set up then, and the problem was just the same.

I do however, have my xbox360 sitting behind the monitor.... could that affect it at all?

Associate
take a pic loque. lets see it. i have turned into a backlight bleed paranoid wreck :D j/k

but every day i turn it on i check it for bleed. im convinced its worse but in reality its fine :p

Associate
check this out, same monitor? I think maybe it is... but Acer ADM shows a different serial number...
backlight2.jpg

Associate
Thats not good, you gonna return it again ?? Have you thought of asking for Blue model...it might have different components....or you might just have better luck

Associate
Thats not good, you gonna return it again ?? Have you thought of asking for Blue model...it might have different components....or you might just have better luck

I doubt it will have different components, it will just be a different case.

I suppose you can send it back again, though i doubt anything different will happen. Personally i would keep it for a while, a good week or 2 then if its still bad or gotten worse repair it again. If you still get issues then i say return the monitor and get a new monitor, if the backlight bleed really bugs you.

I was going to get a G24, but then these Backlight issues and the fact i cant afford it right now :( stopped me.

Think ill go with the Dell SP2309W instead

Associate
im going to keep it for a while, give it a couple of months maybe, if these issues dont improve in that amount of time, then I will consider sending it back again.

Associate
Well, mine should be getting picked up for the RMA tomorrow.

Do the drop it off and pick it up at the same time for replacements? I kind of hope they do, but, meh.

Hopefully, I won't get it twice.

Soldato
Hi guys

I got my blue acer g24 last friday and its a great gaming monitor it has one dead pixel but im fine with that.

I have since changed the stand on my acer g24 monitor with the stand used on the hyundia w241d which uses a std vesa fixture 100 so i now have height adjustment/tilt/ and pivot functions.

A few pics poor quality i now.

LGIM0008.jpg

LGIM0009.jpg

LGIM0010.jpg

LGIM0012.jpg

Associate
Hi guys

I got my blue acer g24 last friday and its a great gaming monitor it has one dead pixel but im fine with that.

I have since changed the stand on my acer g24 monitor with the stand used on the hyundia w241d which uses a std vesa fixture 100 so i now have height adjustment/tilt/ and pivot functions.

hows the backlight on yours? does it bleed as bad as mine?

Permabanned
ive had my G24 for over a month now, very nice monitor only complaint is the viewing angle isnt the best.. at certain angles when the screen is dark it starts to get lighter on the right hand side... its not noticable when gaming or wathcing a film but say when your playing Fallout 3 and its night time time, if you look up at the stars you can see the colour slightly fade to one side... i originally thought my G24 was broken in some way but if you move your vieiwing position the colour changes so im pretty sure thats the reason... also, i think its because the G24 is sooo damn bright, it helps to sort this issue out if you turn the brightness right down, i think with the brightness set to 0 its still 10x brighter than my old LG monitor!

im contemplating buying another 1 but i think im just going to wait and see if another 'gaming monitor' comes out with better viewing angle so i can pair it up.. but no doubt my 'upgradeitis' will get the better of me sooner or later.

edit:
Hi

Mine has backlight bleed when i first turn it on but once mine has warmed up its goes away.

i think this is exactly what im talking about!

Associate
well the backlight bleed on mine is so bad that the edges of screen are almost totally white, when the rest of the screen is black. I will send mine back again, possibly in a month or 2...

Associate
Right ok, i've had about enough of this problem. I don't think I deserve to sit and put up with this monitor in the state that it is in. I've sent an email to Acer:
Hello again.

I'm replying to this email, instead of creating a new email, so that you are aware of who I am, and why I contacted you previously.
I recieved my replacement monitor from you on the 23/01/08 which functioned as I would expect from a brand new monitor, but in the last week or so, it has begun to develop the same severe backlight bleeding problems as was present in the unit I sent back to you. Now, before any action is taken, I would like to point out that this specific problem, has been experienced by a number of people who own an Acer G24, on http://forums.overclockers.co.uk. Some of which have presented photos of how severe the problem has become for them. Here are a couple of said photos, including a photo of my own:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v212/chris998/08012009003.jpg
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k69/Brogarth/Photos/Image004-1.jpg

and a photo of my particular unit, taken about a week ago, when the problem first began to appear again:
http://andson.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/backlight2.jpg

Now this leads me to believe that this is a design flaw with this particular model, although there are some people I have spoken to, who do not experience this problem. So is this a design flaw? or is it just a faulty batch of monitors? If I return this unit to you, can you garuntee that I will get a unit back, that does not have this problem?

Thank you.
A. Ashcroft

I'll do this one last time, so they better send me a replacement that works how you would expect from a £350 monitor to work.

Back
Top Bottom