Acer Predator X35 200hz HDR

Permabanned
Crazy as the prices of a lot of gaming monitors esp. G-Sync is higher than at launch and even 2nd hand they are high.

May be better to but one of them that is said to be near perfect than playing the panel lottery.

Associate
Don't suppose anyone can answer me the following? (Didn't want to open a new thread/couldn't find an existing answer)

I currently have a 27" 1440p display, which has done a great job on 970 HOF SLI for the past couple of years. I'm desperately considering getting the X35 when it eventually arrives, but I know that obviously it's a fair step up in terms of resolution. But what I need to know is am I actually going to be able to get any display out from my 970's? I don't think they're HDR10 compatible, but I'm sure I've read somewhere that I can't use quantum dot with a 900 series card either? Just a tad confused as I want to make sure I'm still going to be able to use the monitor (even if playing with lower settings/no HDR) before I'm able to upgrade my GPU as I'm planning on building an entirely new system some point next year anyway.

Any ideas?

Cheers!

Soldato
The X35 isn't expected now until Q2 2018 from what acer have told me. If you look at recent AUO panel roadmaps that also lines up with panel production expectations
This isn't actually bad news because by then nVidia should be releasing their next gen cards to power it.

Man of Honour
Don't suppose anyone can answer me the following? (Didn't want to open a new thread/couldn't find an existing answer)

I currently have a 27" 1440p display, which has done a great job on 970 HOF SLI for the past couple of years. I'm desperately considering getting the X35 when it eventually arrives, but I know that obviously it's a fair step up in terms of resolution. But what I need to know is am I actually going to be able to get any display out from my 970's? I don't think they're HDR10 compatible, but I'm sure I've read somewhere that I can't use quantum dot with a 900 series card either? Just a tad confused as I want to make sure I'm still going to be able to use the monitor (even if playing with lower settings/no HDR) before I'm able to upgrade my GPU as I'm planning on building an entirely new system some point next year anyway.

Any ideas?

Cheers!
Quantum Dot is a coating film applied to the panel to boost the colour space. That has no relation to the graphics card so you will still be able to benefit from the extended gamut of the Display. If the graphics card does not support HDR you just won’t be able to display HDR content from the pc. Even if it did, HDR from a pc is very tricky still as you need appropriate operating system, software, content etc. You’d still be able to use an external HDR device though if you wanted (relevant modern console, Amazong Fire Tv HDR, HDR Bly ray player etc).

Back
Top Bottom