Acer Predator X35 200hz HDR

Caporegime
I don't know why people keep getting their hopes up and getting excited over all these HDR monitors, they come nowhere near close enough to the proper specs needed for true HDR.

Either save yourselves a lot of money and get just a standard good monitor or get a TV that has proper HDR support.

Caporegime
60HZ on a TV is far better for motion than a 60HZ monitor and depending on the TV and monitor, the TV might even be better for input lag than a 60HZ monitor and also some TVs support 120HZ.

I’m excited for what LG have in store for CES! If we don’t get vrr I’m at least hoping for 4K@120hz :)

Man of Honour
I don't know why people keep getting their hopes up and getting excited over all these HDR monitors, they come nowhere near close enough to the proper specs needed for true HDR.

Either save yourselves a lot of money and get just a standard good monitor or get a TV that has proper HDR support.

The X35 does. FALD 512 zone backlight, 1000 cd/m2 peak luminance, 90 odd % DCI-P3 coverage, 10-bit colour depth support and suitable DP and HDMI inputs

Caporegime
I’m excited for what LG have in store for CES! If we don’t get vrr I’m at least hoping for 4K@120hz :)

I don't think we will see anything with regards to adaptive sync or 120HZ @ 4k next year:

The X35 does. FALD 512 zone backlight, 1000 cd/m2 peak luminance, 90 odd % DCI-P3 coverage, 10-bit colour depth support and suitable DP and HDMI inputs

Hopefully it will fare better than the last FALD monitor

Man of Honour
That UP2718Q video of hdr mode is with the vivid mode on which is definitely not very good and massively exaggerates the luminance and therefore causes a load of blooming. I suspect a lot of the delay with the new gaming models is about improving the latency and lag of the FALD for the fast moving gaming content

Soldato
Is there any news on a release date for this X35? I pencilled it in as my next monitor to replace a Sony tv a few months ago and there has been no updates as far as I know and the 1000nit hdr Philips 43" 60hz model now looks to be the only proper hdr monitor coming soon.

Associate
OP
has it not released yet?? lol

I have the x34a and I have to say I dont feel like I would need to upgrade at all. Monitors just don't seem to move fast, if you have the money and have been waiting a while i'd be inclined to just buy an X34a.

Soldato
on the rog swift myself and I love it, no problems but the upgrade itch is strong on this one.... I guess we need to see who gets a monitor of this spec to market first plus the cost/support available.

Soldato
I will be investing in one of these if reviews are good. I wouldn't advise anyone to buy into a x34 now that higher refresh and HDR is due.

X34 is old tech at that price point.

You are right, unless a fantastic deal comes up to grab one, it's just pointless when we are so close to these monitors being released.

The price is a big concern, it's an area I feel we are being ripped off in but I guess we have to just wait and see.

Mobster
Soldato
By that time there'll be a Nvidia GPU available to push it properly so the timing is probably right.

What does pushing it properly mean ?

I mean, I use a 980 with my 1440p UW, what am I not pushing properly considering its not the latest nVidia card. I have a 4k OLED tv in my home. I watch most in 1080p, am I not pushing that properly ? I'm confused.

Soldato
What does pushing it properly mean ?

I mean, I use a 980 with my 1440p UW, what am I not pushing properly considering its not the latest nVidia card. I have a 4k OLED tv in my home. I watch most in 1080p, am I not pushing that properly ? I'm confused.

My 1080ti will push the pixels on my X34a at around 80fps, sometimes lower and sometimes hitting the max of 99fps. There would be no point in me upgrading to a 200Hz monitor at the exact same resolution if my GPU can only provide the power to push 80fps.

Soldato
I'm still not sold on HDR for PC monitors. I love my HDR TV, but I'm not sat 2ft away from the screen.

Having HDR light up the back of my eyeballs for hours on end is not really something I want. People with sensitive eyes are really going to struggle using HDR monitors.

Caporegime
I'm still not sold on HDR for PC monitors. I love my HDR TV, but I'm not sat 2ft away from the screen.

Having HDR light up the back of my eyeballs for hours on end is not really something I want. People with sensitive eyes are really going to struggle using HDR monitors.

Exactly what I think too.

Back
Top Bottom