Acer Predator XR341CK/X34 34" Curved Gaming Screens with FreeSync and G-sync

Man of Honour
Wait, I assumed this was an IPS and that was a fact yet techreport says "no word on the panel tech"? what??

it's not been confirmed yet thats why. i dont know of any 34" ultrawide panels available which aren't IPS or Samsung SVA at the moment, so it's likely it's one of those. although then again, i'm not aware of any of those panels supporting high refresh rate so it could be TN Film or something new.

still waiting on confirmed specs from Acer on it all

Soldato
If it's a high refresh panel though, it has to be something new doesn't it? They can't re-purpose either of the panels that are out there at the moment (LG IPS or Samsung VA). I guess time will tell if that's a good or bad thing.

Soldato
I had an Acer 24" ages ago and it was really good. Hence why I went for the 2k4k.
I would not buy this monitor again though despite ticking a lot of the boxes. There are others on here who have had same problems as me and then again some have been lucky and its been fine.

If I had the money and was looking for a 32"+ I wouldnt buy the XR341CK based on my experience of what happens if it goes wrong.

Thanks for the reply - appreciated

Man of Honour
If it's a high refresh panel though, it has to be something new doesn't it? They can't re-purpose either of the panels that are out there at the moment (LG IPS or Samsung VA). I guess time will tell if that's a good or bad thing.

yeah will be something new of some sort. it's just more likely i suppose to be an extension/change to one of the existing offerings i would think. but hard to know for sure at this stage

Caporegime
So what's the estimated time for this thing?

I want a new monitor but given ill be keeping it for a good few years I really don't want to buy one for a much better one to come out in a few months lol

Soldato
So what's the estimated time for this thing?

I want a new monitor but given ill be keeping it for a good few years I really don't want to buy one for a much better one to come out in a few months lol
June at the earliest, and that's if we're very lucky. They haven't even confirmed specs yet, and it's not due to go in to production until Q2.

Permabanned
It will be a TN panel, I bet on it!

Why? Because it would be too good to be true to have a 144hz curved IPS with G-Sync. And number two is the curve actually makes viewing angles better so it could be feasable to have one of the newer IPS/TN hybrids people like to call full on IPS like the swift. Which by the way i think if wrong because as far as i researched it does not come close to a real Dell IPS.

Imo i think or bet it is an Ultrawide Swift. But i will be glad to be wrong of course. :cool:

Soldato
It will be a TN panel, I bet on it!

Why? Because it would be too good to be true to have a 144hz curved IPS with G-Sync. And number two is the curve actually makes viewing angles better so it could be feasable to have one of the newer IPS/TN hybrids people like to call full on IPS like the swift. Which by the way i think if wrong because as far as i researched it does not come close to a real Dell IPS.

Imo i think or bet it is an Ultrawide Swift. But i will be glad to be wrong of course. :cool:

Should be two versions, TN and IPS because I will never buy TN. There seems to be lots of people that prefer IPS over TN for gaming anyway.

Permabanned
Should be two versions, TN and IPS because I will never buy TN. There seems to be lots of people that prefer IPS over TN for gaming anyway.

Yep although i think VA might be a better choice due to the contrast than TN. Really who would use TN on such a panel :(

I will probably pick one up if it is not TN, I will probably give up ULMB 120hz on my VA to have Ultrawide 144hz G-Sync because i would be able to hide the imperfect mouse movement behind that little bit of blur and obviously helped by the extra 24fps in motion.

G-Sync will be helping out too i think this might be a very nice boost in both motion for me, And being able to spot people on the sides in games. But they can obviously keep it if it is TN. Thats is why i think it will not happen tbh. It would be a near perfect display just think one of the possibility of using Ultrawide DSR at nearly 8K or so lol.

8K DSR Ultrawide, G-Sync, 144hz drool

Soldato
Any speculation at all about how much this thing might cost? Probably at leask 1k, right?
Pure speculation at this point, but I doubt you'll get much change from a grand. Can't quite see it going over that tbh, psychologically that's a big barrier. We shall see though.

Associate
It's clearly a budget product, going by the styling. Given this and the refresh rate, it's highly unlikely to be IPS or Samsung VA. That would leave TN or AUO or Sharp VA. AFAIK AUO don't have any curved VA stuff yet or in the pipeline. Sharp VA would be too expensive. That leaves TN.

Re: cost. No way it'll be 1k Euros, Dollars or Pounds. Acer are a 'value' brand.

Soldato
I tend to think of Acer as a bit budget to be honest, but I would like to be surprised by this one when it's released. I'm betting this will not be TN by the way.

Back
Top Bottom