** Acme [Akagi] bought a pink estate car - E30 325i project log! **

OK so its apparently been a bit of a weekend toy which has been on a fair few track days. Could explain both the suspension refurb and the tyre advisories.

Jeez, even the ones I find which look and sound promising have issues... :p

Will find out a bit more about this one and have a look anyway... Theres also a 2.5K T-Sport in Luton which is purported to be one of the best ones around in terms of condition which I'm interested in.

Avoid Luton. It's as good as getting a car from Bradford.

Have you done your home work on compressors? I've read countless times, they only like 98ron, and Headgaskets go on them...

I'd personally avoid to be honest.

They couldn't have done it before either, would have been out of her system by the time someone turned up. Or even if she were still intoxicated, theres no way to tell if she had become intoxicated afterwards.

I knew someone who did a very intelligent thing despite being drunk in the first place. Hit a car and drove off. Police came back and got him but told them he had a large brandy to steady his nerves as he was in shock. Got six points for hit and run but better than DUI.

Considered a mk2 Fiesta ST Acme? Common as muck but supposedly good fun and you should be able to find one within budget.

Indeed, My mate recently bought a MK2 ST with full service history, pretty good millage in Black which looks alright for £1800.

You've said this twice now so you must consider it a brilliant idea. What do you propose he leases with his budget of ~£2500?
He's also bought a bunch of complete sheds that have each been a complete nightmare.

He has his project/fun car, so why not put that 2500 down on a cheap, fuel efficient daily driver that is guaranteed to work for the next 3 years?

Leasing doesn't seem like the right answer at all. Renting a crap car for 2 years seems like a good way to dispose of even more money.

Get a boring reliable car for work, like a Mondeo,Focus, or Fiesta, and keep the fun car for fun and wasting money on. Didn't you have a perfectly good Skoda workhorse not so long ago?

Back
Top Bottom