** Acme [Akagi] bought a pink estate car - E30 325i project log! **

Yeah I've seen that reaction a few times while working on the car. Spraying stonechip over primer was the worst one. It softened up all the primer and even the seam sealer underneath and I had to scrape it all off and start over.

When I do that it's normally under my ass

Or sitting just under your leg so that when you move around to look for said socket (let's face it it's always a socket, usually 12mm) it rolls around with you.

Or it's in your pocket

First drive on the road today. All is well, aside from the sodding ABS light coming back on. Was hoping that 5 months of sitting there thinking about what it had done wrong might have sorted that little intermittent issue! :p

I've been told that because the ABS light goes out, and doesn't come on as soon as the car starts rolling, rather, randomly when driving (anywhen from a few seconds after setting off, to a few minutes) it could be the relay that sits above the ABS ECU above the glovebox, and there might be a connection in there that needs some solder.

Will check it out asap. :)

I remember previously that it would seemingly come on when I hit a bump, but I checked all the sensors while wiggling the wires every which way, and they seemed fine. So perhaps theres a loose connection somewhere else which gets jiggled.

Checked the sensors. Even replaced one of them which didn't sort it. Not sure where the relevant earths are but I will have to find out. :p

Just OBD isnt it, so no code reading. Does it support flash reading though? Normally if you have multiple faults for the same ABS sensor its a module thing. Intermittent ABS light sounds like module or relay to me, more than individual sensor or a ground issue.

You should be able to find diagnostics manuals online, allowing you to test the relay and ABS ECU to identify faults.

Back
Top Bottom