** Acme [Akagi] bought a pink estate car - E30 325i project log! **

Yes thats the one. I think it can only provide very very basic diagnostic information though. Not sure if it gives any info on ABS faults. Someone in the club has a reader though so I'll see if he can plug it in when we are at a meet/show.

Yes thats the one. I think it can only provide very very basic diagnostic information though. Not sure if it gives any info on ABS faults. Someone in the club has a reader though so I'll see if he can plug it in when we are at a meet/show.

I have the cable and associated gubbins but could only ever read my E36 (pre OBDII), not the E30. About all you can realistically do with the E30 is reset the service indicator and some other bits (using a paperclip/some wire). They don't fault log in the same way as more modern cars.

Been persuaded to go to a rolling road meet with it on the 7th of July.

Rated 170HP crank when new
Engine originally built 28 - 29 years ago
200,000 miles on the bottom end
70,000 miles since the head was re-built
Tappets freshly adjusted
Good service history
New oil, filters, plugs, fuel, etc
Doesn't use or lose any fluid
100% stock mechanically

Possible drawbacks - Injectors have never been serviced, though I have run injector cleaner through the system a couple of times... And it doesn't have an optimal exhaust setup.

Place your bets. It feels really healthy so I'm going to guess fairly close to original rated power. I'll say 159HP.

More like it...
I will be making a list and I shall tag the person who was closest on the day... :p

You will win absolutely sod all, but you get to feel good about being right!

Back
Top Bottom