Age of Conan

Associate
I was wondering what the pvp servers would be like i got a little ticked off with the ganking in beta so i rolled on Dragon pve server.

Does anyone else find the item drops a little off at times i have had 2-3 times i have got a lvl 50 drop killing a lvl 17 or 18?

yeah i've got a level 50 bow and ammo for killing level 10's before! i think it's just a naming thing, they only 9T at the traders, plus my class cannot use bows so i've not been able to test it out!

Associate
I could be wrong here, but I read somewhere that the issue with getting lvl40/50 drops was down the the character class not being able to use that item till a certain level.

For example, whilst you might get a bow that is actually a lvl10 item, it shows as lvl50 in the inventory, this is because your character class does not unlock the bow skill till lvl50, if that makes sense.

**edit: doh! beaten to it ;)

Associate
The high level drops are becuase your looking at it from your chars perspective. It's only level 50 because that is when your char gets the bow\armour\whatever skill

So a level 5 ranger would see the xbow as usable, a PoM would see it as level 20 and a Guardian would see it at level 50. Of course a necro would see it as unusable.

EDIT: woa, a 3-chain-post!

Associate
I guessed as much. So I assume because it is free-for-all (and not 2 opposing sides like in wow), that there will be no quests or tasks unless amongst guildies? Or is grouping possible and then no 'friendly fire' when grouped?

Yeah when grouped up people in the group can't harm each other.

Don't know if someone has answered this i skiped all the posts :p

Last edited:
Associate
i have to admit i didn't know my char - dark templar - could use a bow at all until i read it on the aoc forums at lunchtime. that explains it all then, bit of a hefty level range to have to keep it for though surely?

Soldato
On this game can you just attack anyone etc and is there two different factions like Horde and Alliance?

Its more like every Guild to himself, but their is 3 Factions, Stygians, Cimmerian, Aquilonians. not every faction can choose its class, for example Stygians are very magical and can only choose mage type classes and some melee.

Associate
Is anyone on a pvp server atm? I am thinking of re rolling just not to sure about the ganking lol

I was reading on another forum about 2-3 people getting temp bans for extream camping no screens shots to prove this but a lot of people where backing it up.

Associate
I have posted previously that I was going to wait a month or so after release before subscribing (I always say this and it never happens), but I am tempted to order this for the long weekend.

I have a few questions before I take the plunge. How much content is there, as it has been posted that the zones are smallish which may not be an issue if there is plenty of content. I don't mind grinding as long as there is a change of scenery. Also does the game cater to PvE only players like me?

From what I have seen I really like the style and the graphics of AOC so if there is enough quality PvE I will be ordering.

Associate
I have posted previously that I was going to wait a month or so after release before subscribing (I always say this and it never happens), but I am tempted to order this for the long weekend.

I have a few questions before I take the plunge. How much content is there, as it has been posted that the zones are smallish which may not be an issue if there is plenty of content. I don't mind grinding as long as there is a change of scenery. Also does the game cater to PvE only players like me?

From what I have seen I really like the style and the graphics of AOC so if there is enough quality PvE I will be ordering.

There's a fair amount of content, usually enough quests in each zone to get you 90% of the way through a set of levels. I played 3 chars to about 30 in beta and now on 22 with my real char and never had any major grinds.

It's not bursting with quests like LOTRO so replaying on multiple chars you do pickup the same quests but tbh I'd imagine more will be added before most people think about getting an alt to 80 awyway.

Associate
Is anyone on a pvp server atm? I am thinking of re rolling just not to sure about the ganking lol

I was reading on another forum about 2-3 people getting temp bans for extream camping no screens shots to prove this but a lot of people where backing it up.

I'm on Aquilonia which is RP-PVP. There aren't many FFA zones on Tortage, but I haven't had much troiuble in the ones I was in. I was accidentally caught in the zone of one guy's attack while he was fighting a mob, the mob died, I fought back, but he killed me. Then I went into hiding, stalked him for awhile, and assasinated him. Then about half an hour later I ran into him again, but didn't see him in time - he detected me, knocked me down and finished me off with a big combo chain. We spent the next 2 hours chatting. I was myself tempted to gank a clothie who was 3 levels above me just to see if I could kill him, but he was a demonologist with 2 lvl 18 pets so I got scared...
Generally you won't have much trouble, most people are busy levelling and you can't get XP from players. I expect trouble once people start hitting 80, when they'll travel back to earlier zones to kill lowbies, but by then I'll probably know enough people to group with for protection. YOu can usually spot the dedicated PKers a mile off cause they're ignoring the mobs and running from player to player, and then it's a simple matter to hide while they go past, or better yet to jump out from behind them and countergank them! ;)

Back
Top Bottom