Age of Conan

Associate
So PVP servers are more worthwhile than say, in WoW?

I rolled on a pvp server on wow and i absolutely hated it, only thing it was good for was getting ganked by some lvl 70 while your trying to lvl up.

Associate

I rolled on a pvp server on wow and i absolutely hated it, only thing it was good for was getting ganked by some lvl 70 while your trying to lvl up.

If your care about getting ganked turn away now mate. From what i've heard (and you can guess from FFA) ganking will be much worse than wow.

Soldato

Go on a PvE server, you cant get ganked in most zones and their are zones (higher level zones) which are suited to fighting. come join us on Dagon :D

Associate
On a vid I saw, the developers were saying how every class can hide. How are people finding this in practice?

I dont use it myself being a priest class and only lvl20 but have seen a vid where a ranger just rapes a party by taking them out 1 at a time by hiding between each kill.

I suppose this can be countered by maxing search and remembering to use it.

Soldato
Don't think I've ever seen an Assassin go in to/come out of stealth either.

Then they're missing out, I use it all the time on my assassin as your first attack from being hidden is a stealth attack and does huge damage.

I also use it just for walking around camps of enemies if I'm trying to get to a specific location and don't want to have to fight everything on the way.

Soldato
NO DX10 TILL AUGUST

Buried in the last few paragraphs of the press release, Funcom...well I suppose it still counts as revealing despite being buried at the bottom...Funcom reveals that the DX10 version of the game needs more work, and will now be premiered at Games Convention in Leipzig this August. The extra time will be used to add in new features and focus on "building a DirectX 10 version worthy of Microsoft's great vision for the future of PC gaming"

boo. But good so they can make it awesome i spose..

More:

While Funcom is thrilled with the early success of Age of Conan, and proud of the game launching this week, the company regrets to inform gamers that the DirectX 10 version of the game will not ship with the initial launch. As Microsoft's DirectX 10 is undoubtedly the future of PC gaming, Funcom has decided to ship only the DirectX 9 version at launch, giving the team more time to focus on building a DirectX 10 version worthy of Microsoft's great vision for the future of PC gaming. This postponement will let Funcom include even more features in the DirectX 10 version of Age of Conan than originally planned.
The DirectX 10 version will be premiered at the German Games Convention in Leipzig, Germany, August 20 - 24, 2008. A special preview showing off the advanced graphics made possible by DirectX 10 technology will be unveiled this summer at nVidia's NVISION event in San Jose, California, August 25 - 27, 2008.
Age of Conan launches 20th of May in North America / Oceania and 23rd of May in Europe. More information about the game can be found on www.ageofconan.com

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom