Air fryers

I like all sorts, just struggle with complicated recipes, I can do them just feel it takes me too long.

Cheers @monkeyspank I'll have a nosey at that

Time spent preparing a good meal is never wasted :)

Remember air fryers are great for cooking already prepared foods such as burgers, sausages, fish fingers, chicken nuggets etc. Anything that comes in dry batter or breadcrumbs will most likely be quick and easy if you follow the air fryer instructions.

We got a Ninja duel and I honestly thought it would end up in the back of the cupboard but we use it nearly every day now. One of the best kitchen gadgets we have purchased.

Just bought a Cosori dual 8.5L, £40 cheaper and bigger capacity than the comparable Ninja Dual (7.5L) - touch screen I felt was better and the Cosori is better looking IMO, also came with a couple of racks and skewers, that said I would have happily bought the Ninja.

Absolutely loving in so far, used it 9 days out of 10, would have been 10 out of 10 days but I never thought to put bacon in it!

So simple to use, the sync finish is an amazing feature, cooks really quickly, less faff than the oven which was taking forever to cook anything, easy to clean. Absolute genius gadget. Just get one.

:)

I’d definitely get a dual unit next time. Never thought I’d use it as much as I have. Almost a year in and I’ve used it every day, often twice a day. It just cooks things so well and quickly. Then the whole drawer and tray goes in the dishwasher - not a sign of rust or loss of the non-stick yet either. I’ve recently started making my own chips and it does them so well and with so little oil needed.

We originally bought a Ninja Speedi but soon switched to a Ninja Dual which is so much better for everyday use. The speedi was a pain to serve the food from. Both still get used but the dual is the one that has a permanent place on the worktop and the speedi is stored in a cupboard.

I’d definitely get a dual unit next time. Never thought I’d use it as much as I have. Almost a year in and I’ve used it every day, often twice a day. It just cooks things so well and quickly. Then the whole drawer and tray goes in the dishwasher - not a sign of rust or loss of the non-stick yet either. I’ve recently started making my own chips and it does them so well and with so little oil needed.

Definitely going to start doing my own chips.

Definitely going to start doing my own chips.

I’d be open to any tips people have. I just chop an unpeeled potato, spray it with some olive oil, sprinkle some piri piri and then cook at 180C for 17 minutes, shaking them in the tray a few times during cooking. Have only recently switched from wedges that were my go to, but don’t cook quite as well.

I’d be open to any tips people have. I just chop an unpeeled potato, spray it with some olive oil, sprinkle some piri piri and then cook at 180C for 17 minutes, shaking them in the tray a few times during cooking. Have only recently switched from wedges that were my go to, but don’t cook quite as well.

Never been a fan of wedges tbh, but your plan for chips was pretty much what was I going to try.

Cut the chips, cook them in the microwave for a few minutes until they start to go soft, shake them around in a closed tub to fluff and break them up a bit, then cook them in your airfryer, shake halfway through cooking. If you want them to taste like deep fried chips you can spray them with some oil as soon as they come out the frier.

Cut the chips, cook them in the microwave for a few minutes until they start to go soft, shake them around in a closed tub to fluff and break them up a bit, then cook them in your airfryer, shake halfway through cooking. If you want them to taste like deep fried chips you can spray them with some oil as soon as they come out the frier.

How long do you then leave them in the air fryer?

Interesting. I do use the microwave method when making roast potatoes and baked potatoes, but not tried it for chips.

I haven't made chips recently, but when I did my method was to cut them, put them in a saucepan and cover with boiling water and leave for 15 to 20 minutes. Then dry, add salt and olive oil and air fry. Sounds easier to chuck them in the microwave if that also works. Do you cover them or add any water whilst microwaving?

Interesting with the microwave method, will give that a try.

What are peoples go to potato?

Am a big fan of Cyprus and recently the Albert Bartlett for chipping.

Interesting with the microwave method, will give that a try.

What are peoples go to potato?

Am a big fan of Cyprus and recently the Albert Bartlett for chipping.

Maris Piper are good all rounders but I live in a rural farming area so I buy whatever the farmers are selling.
They usually grow very good varieties so that customers come back to them.

Maris Piper are good all rounders but I live in a rural farming area so I buy whatever the farmers are selling.
They usually grow very good varieties so that customers come back to them.

My local farm shop does a good selection of locally grown, but has become so expensive we now dip the supermarkets before them, which a few years ago was completely the opposite.

We now mostly visit to restock on the Cypriot potato when in stock.

My local farm shop does a good selection of locally grown, but has become so expensive we now dip the supermarkets before them, which a few years ago was completely the opposite.

We now mostly visit to restock on the Cypriot potato when in stock.

yes they have gone more expensive, I remember a few years back I could get 25KG sacks for £6.50 - £8

Thinking of getting an air fryer, but are they not a pain in the backside to clean, or can you just shove the drawers/compartments in the dishwasher?

Back
Top Bottom