Air fryers

Man of Honour
Thinking of getting an air fryer, but are they not a pain in the backside to clean, or can you just shove the drawers/compartments in the dishwasher?

Not sure if they all can, but with our Tefal the whole drawer and tray can go in the dishwasher. A year in and it’s survived daily dishwashings.

Soldato
Not sure if they all can, but with our Tefal the whole drawer and tray can go in the dishwasher. A year in and it’s survived daily dishwashings.
Thanks mate, good to hear that at least some of them can.

I am looking at getting one of the Ninja ones because they have a decent sale on that the moment, probably the AF451UK, anyone have any experience with cleaning that or if it can just go in the dishwasher?

Soldato
Thanks mate, good to hear that at least some of them can.

I am looking at getting one of the Ninja ones because they have a decent sale on that the moment, probably the AF451UK, anyone have any experience with cleaning that or if it can just go in the dishwasher?

Got a similar machine (AF300UK) + a few others and they all go into the dishwasher sometimes and have suffered no issues at all.
With the AF300UK I bought silicone liners, which cut done mess and mean the draws only need a wet wipe and an occasional dishwash.

AF400UK Liners

Soldato
Won't they kill the airflow though?

Good point.

I've used it so far to do mixed Med veg, chips and mixed roast veg and haven't noticed any difference between using the silicone cups and straight into the draw (regular tossing of the food as instructed with just the draw seems to work)
I am guessing that the/a stainless steel skewer racks could be used in the cups when doing food that requires airflow.

This I will try next time I make some kebabs.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've had a Duo Pot 11 in 1 air fryer/steamer for a year or so but thought a 2nd dual air fryer would allow me to do meals a bit quicker.

I was looking at the Ninja Foodi 9L because of the Amazon Prime offers but decided to try a Lakeland 8L as it was £75 so basically half the price.
So it's been great with no issues with all the things I've tried.

I can't remember if it was the trays or the inserts that can't be machine washed but will never be an issue for me. The tray inserts have sharp edges so you have to careful of them when hand washing.

Ninja may just be better made overall but the Lakeland is fine for me. I did end up spending £150 as I bought my dad one too as he seems to struggle with his oven. Just needs a few lessons.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just made some chips in the AF300UK using the silicone insert and they've come out fine.

cgyQv8u.jpg

Back
Top Bottom