Poll: AirPods Max

Will you buy/have you bought AirPods Max?

• Yes

Votes: 25 11.3%
  • No

Votes: 196 88.7%

• Total voters
Associate
So after my bad initial experience owning them for less than 3hrs before returning them to Apple, I bought another pair in February from JL. Had them about 2 months, and in that time they have been sent away for repair twice.

First time they started playing up just after a month of ownership.

Kept randomly switching between transparency mode and ANC without touching them. Going to control center you could see them switching rapidly between these different modes.

They then refused to hard reset or connect to any device (tried 2 iphones, 2 ipads).

Went back to JL who advised go to the apple store who then sent them back for repair. They came back after a week. 2 days later, they started playing up again with the same issue. This time the transparency button just refuses to switch between the modes so I now have to go to control centre to switch.

The button then stopped working completely so I am unable to perform a hard reset.

I get that the volume of these that are made, you are bound to get the odd bad pair.

Once they are back this time, and they go wrong again, I am returning them and getting my money back as they are shockingly bad.

I love everything about them, the design, sound quality and the noice cancellation.

I owned a pair of Bose QC35's for almost 6 years and the only thing I had to change on them were the earpads.

They eventually gave up the ghost hence me buying what I thought would be the ideal replacements.

Maybe it's my fault for assuming a pair of headphones that cost over half a grand would deliver a seemless experience expected of something at this price point.

Soldato
You must have been really unlucky to get two lemons, I've had mine ages and they've been faultless, not a single issue. In fact other than the stupid Lightning to 3mm adapters which had lives so short I was convinced it wasn't anything to do with flexing during commutes but a deliberate attempt make me annoyed enough to give in and go wireless, I've never had any hardware duds. This is from the iPhone 3GS onwards too - phones, tablets, Macs, nada.

Associate
So an update on this. My experience has gone from bad to worse.

JL emailed me to say they sent them to Apple, who have sent them an image stating that they have liquid damage which isn't covered by warranty and they now want £568 to replace them.

After some research online there are multiple reports of them experiencing condensation build up.

Spoke with JL who said they don't accept internet forums as proof - sent them a forbes article.

Cited paragraphs from the Consumer Rights act 2015, stating that they aren't fit for purpose so waiting to see what they come back with.

Beyond frustrated is an understatement.

They are less than 6 months old, I've owned them less than 3 and over 1 month of that has been them out for repair.

Sent them the report from the genius bar, and the fact that they were sent to apple once and the issue wasn't spotted shows that they didn't either check or perform their checks properly the first time.

Guess we'll see what JL have to say.

Hoping that the paragraph's i've sent them from the consumer rights act is enough to get them to see sense and give me my money back.

Soldato
I'll wait till the AirPods Pro 2 come out later this year. Better audio quality and longer battery life are my hopes although I'll be fine with just better audio quality.

Soldato
I'm hoping that by the time my Bose QC35 IIs die, the AirPod Max 2 will be out with some of the first-gen issues resolved (like a proper travel case instead of the handbag).

Man of Honour
I use mine almost exclusively for work and they’re excellent save for the occasional pairing issue. When I do use them for music or films they sound amazing.

Back
Top Bottom