Poll: AirPods Max

Will you buy/have you bought AirPods Max?

• Yes

Votes: 25 11.4%
  • No

Votes: 194 88.6%

• Total voters
Associate
I use mine almost exclusively for work and they’re excellent save for the occasional pairing issue. When I do use them for music or films they sound amazing.
I made the mistake of trying them on in the Apple store on holiday - the sound quality is absolutely amazing, I had to get them...

I've had my Airpods Pro for a while, which I loved for the ANC and sound quality, but having the Max on the Tube is another level.

I would imagine that other premium headsets offer the same sound quality, but I've found them to work flawlessly switching between devices - they're brilliant if you're well immersed in the Apple ecosystem.

Soldato
I made the mistake of trying them on in the Apple store on holiday - the sound quality is absolutely amazing, I had to get them...

I've had my Airpods Pro for a while, which I loved for the ANC and sound quality, but having the Max on the Tube is another level.

I would imagine that other premium headsets offer the same sound quality, but I've found them to work flawlessly switching between devices - they're brilliant if you're well immersed in the Apple ecosystem.
I was going to get them but then I heard about the rumours of AirPod Pro 2 and decided I'd get them instead as I will be able to sleep with them in my ears and will hopefully be better music quality when paired with Apple Music.

Edit: I'll stick to my AirPod Pros in the meantime.

Soldato
Yeah. I want a pair of AirPods Max but the only thing that puts me off is that I know there'll be an immediate refresh as soon as I pull the trigger.

Soldato

Neutral
Mid-product Cycle

I say, just go for it if you want it. Otherwise you’ll forever be waiting forever for the next big thing. Could be another year before they release it!

Soldato

Neutral
Mid-product Cycle

I say, just go for it if you want it. Otherwise you’ll forever be waiting forever for the next big thing. Could be another year before they release it!
If I had the money now I probably would.

Soldato
I'm waiting for my Bose QC IIs to die but they're being annoyingly tenacious. :D

If they went pop today, I would probably go for a second-hand pair of APM until the refresh comes out.

Soldato
I'm waiting for my Bose QC IIs to die but they're being annoyingly tenacious. :D

If they went pop today, I would probably go for a second-hand pair of APM until the refresh comes out.

I’m still rocking my QC 25, I really should replace the ear pads as they’re in pretty bad shape and all ripped but I’m going to wait until v2 max come out.

I’m pretty confident they won’t last nearly as long as the Bose did.

Man of Honour
Has anyone seen any decent discounts on there? My wife's QC35 are past their best and I'm looking at a set for her but not willing to pay full price given that they are likely due to be replaced soon with a USB-C version.

Associate
Bought the kids headphones for Christmas, Airpod Max for the eldest and some XM4's for the youngest, both on the Very BNPL 20% off deal (so £387 for the Max's and £170 for the XM4's).

Youngest had another few pressies, whilst the eldest who is into Apple products (like a lot of the kids these days, was happy for the bulk of her present allowance to go on the Max's).

I've compared both side by side, and I'm definitely more impressed with the Max's, I tend to like a brighter sound that is less bass heavy (I do like bass, but not at the expense of overall clarity). I can only describe the sound as being 'wider' than the XM4's (the XM4s are still excellent as well though, and a bargain for what I paid). There is still plenty of bass on the Max's though, less than the XM4's, but I'd say more precise sounding.

I'm gonna add these to the Apple Care as well, eldest very careful with her gadgets, and they'll probably never leave the house (she has airpods for that, and I'd be scared of some scrote stealing them on the basis they are so visible), but I have read of the issues with condensation.......but I'd gather that's probably more an issue if you are taking them on the move with temperature changes, and maybe weather exposure.

Man of Honour
Not for me thanks, far too overpriced IMO.
You should probably try them for a while before passing judgement. I have QC35 and XM5 in the house, the AirPod Max are simply better in nearly every way. Sure, they're not cheap, but they can be had on offer from time to time. I've used mine nearly every day for the past 3 years or so years.

Man of Honour
IMO, yes. They sound better, the battery lasts longer, they integrate so much better with your Apple devices (handoff to other devices, seamlessly use between iPad, iPhone, Mac, Apple TV etc), the audio quality on voice calls is in another league. They are bloody great headphones.

I use mine for work mainly but also for watching movies/TV late at night and combined with the Apple TV they sound absolutely epic.

Associate
I'd be tempted honestly, as my over ear bose are getting a bit knackered and I really like my airpods pro 2 but the lack of USB C is a big nono for me.

Back
Top Bottom