Akasa Eclipse 62's Club... Desktop & Machines.

Associate
OP
andyh said:
I have just got my clear side panel for my mirage and I am really dissapointed with the fit. The lower front corner sticks out by a good 5mm as if there is nothing to hold it into place. Is this a common problem or have I got a duff side panel?
Any chance of posting pics.. ;)

Associate
OP
magick said:
Is that "Akasa AK-PAX-2 PaxMate Plus Acoustic Absorption Mat" you have at the bottom of the case and if so does it actualy do anything to reduce noise or is it just for show?
Hi, Yes it is the Akasa PAX-2, just used it to finish off the base of the case, and mainly for show.. ;) the pre-cut piece that comes with the kit fits perfectly on the base of the Akasa, gives it a nice finish.... ;) :D

Associate
OP
zia said:
some pic's of my mirage
19022007076.jpg

19022007077.jpg

04032007078.jpg
04032007079.jpg

not much to look at compared to some of the very nice case's in this thread

zia
Very nice case M8, you can tell you spent a lot of time and PC loving with this build, I have just purchased a Akasa Mirage in addition to my original Akasa Eclipse 62, and the front door panel makes a welcome addition, nice to see Akasa hasn't changed the internal layout of the already perfect design, Great pictures M8, and again .... be proud of your RIG.... :cool: looks FAB.

Associate
OP
mwtb said:
I just swapped my gear from a Sonata I into an Akasa Eclipse. I was hoping to see a few degrees drop on the CPU, but the temps are much the same ([email protected] - 1.375V, idling at 45C-ish), although my hard disks are better cooled and the whole thing is much quieter. I suspect that much of the quietness comes down to using all S-Flex 1600 fans, including replacing the stock fan on my Tuniq, and running them at 1000RPM on the front and rear and 1200 on the CPU.

Anyway, here's a rather poor pic:
eclipse640x480.jpg

The cabling could be tidier from a cosmetic standpoint, but airflow isn't restricted by it. I think the next move is to pull out one of the HDs and try suspending the other two as the HDs are the loudest part of the system now, with an annoying resonant hum.

And, yes, the fans are mounted with masking tape - it's secure, silent and provides a seal around the intake/outlet. I recommend it.

V.Nice... ;) :cool:

Associate
OP
toxic said:
Installed a kama Bay cooler to the front of my elclipse and a couple of Akasa blue fans to brighten up the front..looks quite good...beter than the boring front that was there allready. Its also helped dropped the temps by a good few degrees:)
Actually looks beter than it does in the photo..not quite so bright.

p1020542em1.jpg
Nice looking Mod.

Associate
OP
fobose said:
Behind%20Mirage%20Door4.jpg

Decided to change the layout to what most of you suggested, I prefer it actually although when I open my DVDRW the back of the tray is obstructed by the top of the case but its not to difficult to maneuver around.

Temps seem to be about 2-3c lower now too

Your probably all sick of seeing my case now :/
How about internal layout pics......... ;)

Associate
OP
Buckster said:
mmmm - I made my side fan blow out instead of blowing in today - and its dropped my Mobo temp by about 7 degrees !

CPU temp down by about 2 degrees.

wonder why the mobo temp has dropped

I always assumed - blowing onto the mobo from the side would cool the heatsinks - but perhaps now its drawing air across them ?

Mark.
Interesting theory... ;)

Back
Top Bottom