Akasa Eclipse 62's Club... Desktop & Machines.

Caporegime
I have done a huge overall of my akasa system.

I have laid it on its side:eek:

I have fitted it into a 19" home studio rack to save space.

What a faff.

I had to relocate the RAD and relocate the Pump.

But its in place now

Will post pics in a bit

Associate
another update with 2xf8 fans in my tagan PSU, 2x intel x25v on raid0 and scythe copper ram heatsinks.
at last the pc is REALLY quiet.

dsc03365.jpg

Associate
ye mate!
it had two 8" tagan fans, which were not sooo loud in the
first place but after 3-4 years i use it, my psu got the noisiest thing
in the case.
so when i found the arctic cooling f8 fans i knew i should do it.
the only tricky part is that i had to solder the 2pin wire from the tagan
fans on the arctic fans because they had the usual 3pin wire and the psu pcb only has 2pin headers.

maybe i should have taken some pics when i did it.
sorry:(

Last edited:
Soldato
my only annoyance with this case (mine is an early version) ... is looking at other people's cases on the cases pics thread with lots of mobo plate holes - having cables all go to the rear looks FAR FAR neater

I only have one on my 62 - right under the CPU which is no real benefit :(

Caporegime
Tbh, the 3 hole mobo trays werent that great for cable management, particularly the 24 pin atx power cable, ideally you needed a hole cut along the top of the case just behind the psu to thread the cable through. The lower hole though helped with pwr/reset cables etc.

Caporegime
Yep, the 800d is pretty good for cable management, my current Lian Li A70F is good, (if id take the time and do it properly):o. Only upgraded from the eclipse 62 as i wanted a case with room for watercooling, gotta admit though, the old 62 is still a cracking case, i liked it so much i have two of them.

Associate

got round to tidying up the cables a little yesurday and decided to get my dremal and jigsaw out to make a hole for 2 120mm fans at the bottom!! the fans at the mo are just spare i had, will be picking up some decent ones shortly.

Soldato
I'm considering going back to my Akasa Eclipse from this CM 690 as it feels that the CM is too noisy with 6 fans, but I dunno if the Akasa still cools as well as it did in its day?!

Back
Top Bottom