Akasa Eclipse 62's Club... Desktop & Machines.

Associate
finnaly. my rig is properly finished.
7950 dcII
i5 2310
akasa nero heatsink
enermax galaxy 850watt
gigabyte z68x UD5 b3
4gb corsair xms 3
wd black 1tb
x-fi recon 3d fatality
and most importantly my solar eclipse donated to me by setter (many thanks)
changed a few panels, and it looks better when its not being used as a shelf. may go black interior as black and red go together better lol
but it may not be much to some, im very proud of my pc, its finaly in a respectable state lol.

img0371az.jpg

img0372dj.jpg

img0375am.jpg

Caporegime
A few years ago ocuk got a hold of a batch of Globalwin solar eclipse cases. Theese were identical in layout to the Akasa, only they had bare aluminium panels and interiors, and a beige front panel. Iirc it cost £20.00 incl delivery, i snapped one up for a second rig and fitted some spare Akasa panels to it. They were a great bargain for someone who wanted to do a bit of modding.

Ps ZZZAC, painted interior would really set it off and some black and red fans.

Associate
A few years ago ocuk got a hold of a batch of Globalwin solar eclipse cases. Theese were identical in layout to the Akasa, only they had bare aluminium panels and interiors, and a beige front panel. Iirc it cost £20.00 incl delivery, i snapped one up for a second rig and fitted some spare Akasa panels to it. They were a great bargain for someone who wanted to do a bit of modding.

Ps ZZZAC, painted interior would really set it off and some black and red fans.

Thats what im thinking, unfortunately i have a 2 month GCSE exam period and dont want to have my rig a open bench style at the moment considering we also have to move house in the next couple of months. and i also may be buying a moped or similar depending on where we move to.

Fortunately i have a mate of mine who wants and open bench and me and him sorta share earnings, i know he will be getting a couple hundred in soon, and i will try persuade him to get a lian li open bench, therefore i can take the black internals of my old akasa back, touch it up and use that, add some red fans, matching sata cables and maybe a black heat sink would look pretty cool. oh and more ram.
but after all the work ive done to get it to a working stable state with a high end graphics card sound card hd screen awesome audio and just generally how i want i think im going to wait a few months before i rebuild i clean it and change it.
thanks for the advice though, i was planning on spending another £60 on more cables fans.ect but its summer, so i got a new skateboard deck.
anyway. at the moment im very happy with the way it turned out compared to my stacker :D

Caporegime
I did have some black and red xilence fans fitted in it a while back, cant remember though if they were used on the case itself or the TRUE/prolimatech supermega coolers i used in that rig.

Associate
I did have some black and red xilence fans fitted in it a while back, cant remember though if they were used on the case itself or the TRUE/prolimatech supermega coolers i used in that rig.

was thinking coolermaster sickle flows, the seem good value for money and look good. but yeah, it will eventualy look good, and i plan on using this case till i can use it no more lol

Associate
you should get some bitfenix spectres' nice and quiet for a good price :D

i should, well ill think about it closer to the time i have a black chassis :)

ZZZAC, is that a Scythe Kama Bay to the front?

no, long way of, its a
Lian li EX-H22 hotspwap drive bay, quite useful for doing data backups.ect, but looks like ill need to add a 3tb drive to my system pretty soon as i got only 300gb left of my 1tb :L
check this image.
http://image.skycomp.com.au/products/ex_h22s_01.jpg
i did remove the fan, but it will go back on when i get a red led fan and a grill for it :)

Associate
should do, the eclipse is pretty standard. all i can say is my rig has come along way in the past year lol. and cost allot of money... but im finally happy ish, i think my cables look good :)
im thinking of taking it to lan. but.. id have to lock it and screw it up pretty tight

Last edited:
Associate
Right! ive got my mod boots on
and so far it only consists of cable management holes and a vent at the top for my ridicules psu.
Oh and its going in a black chasis
The hdd cage and FDD bays wont be used i dont think
would like something like a mirrage front pannel to go on it but i doubt ill be able to scource one.
Maybe going to carbon wrap it
or even white carbon wrap outside pannels, could look good
Going for orange and black cables this time rather than red and black and im getting a silver arrow extreme
And probably a couple of matching fans
and i may drop my reference 7970 in here but i think id rather sell it
So..... any mod ideas.
Main colours will be orange and black.
But if there was such thing as "modders block" i have it ;)
Edit: forgot to mention that i have a spare almost everything now
(everything but motherboard tray and front panel i/o buttons)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom