Akasa Eclipse 62's Club... Desktop & Machines.

Associate
ok reposting but why ??

sorry but just wondering

guys were would be the best place to 3rd fan in my mirage i have 2 Scythe S-FLEX 1200RPM atm but my gfx is getting a small bit hot when i have the cover on .so i was wondering were would be a good place to put another fan in the system.was looken at the syth karma where you can place ** fan in 3 cd rom bays, but don't think it would do much help at cooling my gfx.the gfx is cooled by a accelerao x2.i think my 2 hdds are blocking the airflow from the front fan.

any ideas??

also i seen in 1 of the pics someone had the hdd on the top drive bay.is that a good , idea couldent you then have a fan blowing on them and the have a free fan blowing down the bottom

also will have pics up soon when i mount my hr-o5

AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800 cooled by Tuniq Tower, DFI LanParty UT CFX3200-DR, ATI Radeon X1900 XTX , G.Skill 2GB DDR HZ PC4000 ,enermax noisetaker 600W, Seagate Barracude 300GB,Seagate Barracude 320GB , Akasa Mirage 62

Soldato
How hot is the card getting?
The X1900XTXs get very hot in any case :p

It was the link that you posted when mentioning the cooler you were looking at. Its fine to say what it is called, or show a picture of it, so long as it is no way connected to any competitor of Overclockers. If you think it might be a competitor don't post it!

Associate
ok well its at 54 with case open but it can go upto 66 on ideal with case closed.

CAFtop.JPG

see the mount on it its so you can mount 90d to the gfx the card is ment to be noise but could i get 1 of thees mounts any where??

this would be perfect only that its soo loud :(

any ideas ??

Last edited:
Soldato
Those temps are pretty damn good for that card, I wouldn't worry about it at all.
They go up to 90 degrees and beyond for some people :eek:

Btw, linking imagines, such as your first one, from competitors isn't allowed either!

Soldato
The stock heatisnk should be fine in terms of temperatures, its just an issue that whether you can cope with the noise.

I've seen that clip online, although not recently, can't tell you where though as its not allowed.
You should probably go and read the FAQ mate :) - will save you from the dons :p

Associate
OP
Put the hard-drive in a 5.3/4 Caddie fitted with twin fans blowing underneath in middle top bay, reason being I was able to loose the front hard-drive cage and floppy cage at the front, having a 120mm Akasa fan totally free of any obstructions whilst cooling ;) looks neater as well :eek:

Associate
OP
andywhir said:
ok sorry did really understand ** post bfg you mean for me to put the 2 hdds at the top with no fan or wa ??

pinkfloyed give me a email at [email protected] just about the manu and how there doing :)

didint see any thing not allowing me to post my email :confused:

PLS tell me if there is :)
Bought a hard-drive caddy with two 60mm fans built in, hard-drive sits directly on top, unlike most where the hard-drive is completely enclosed... this setup the hard-drive is getting very good air flow from beneth, which enables both lower drive cages to be removed for improved airflow by the front 120mm fan.... works a treat :D much cooler and neater.

Last edited:
Soldato
andywhir said:
ok reposting but why ??

sorry but just wondering

guys were would be the best place to 3rd fan in my mirage i have 2 Scythe S-FLEX 1200RPM atm but my gfx is getting a small bit hot when i have the cover on .so i was wondering were would be a good place to put another fan in the system.was looken at the syth karma where you can place ** fan in 3 cd rom bays, but don't think it would do much help at cooling my gfx.the gfx is cooled by a accelerao x2.i think my 2 hdds are blocking the airflow from the front fan.

any ideas??

also i seen in 1 of the pics someone had the hdd on the top drive bay.is that a good , idea couldent you then have a fan blowing on them and the have a free fan blowing down the bottom

also will have pics up soon when i mount my hr-o5

AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800 cooled by Tuniq Tower, DFI LanParty UT CFX3200-DR, ATI Radeon X1900 XTX , G.Skill 2GB DDR HZ PC4000 ,enermax noisetaker 600W, Seagate Barracude 300GB,Seagate Barracude 320GB , Akasa Mirage 62

Why not get the side fan panel? It's about £20 and it puts a 120mm fan right over the graphics card(s).

Soldato
andywhir said:
didint see any thing not allowing me to post my email :confused:

PLS tell me if there is :)

You're not allowed to ask for or suggest competitors and you can't be seen to be sneaky about it either eg. Please e-mail me the link to that competitor would be against the rules. You also shouldn't post your e-mail as the spam-bots can pick it up. Instead there are trust accounts where you can safely put your e-mail address and we can all see it.

Associate
WJA96 said:
You're not allowed to ask for or suggest competitors and you can't be seen to be sneaky about it either eg. Please e-mail me the link to that competitor would be against the rules. You also shouldn't post your e-mail as the spam-bots can pick it up. Instead there are trust accounts where you can safely put your e-mail address and we can all see it.

ok gone i was told by someone who has the same case and the side panel and said it a small bit noise even with a silent fan in it i want to have a pc as silent as i can .

Soldato
The sidepanel even with an 800rpm Scythe Flex still makes noise. There is actual turbulence caused by the blades being so near the crappy honeycomb holes they have on it. Put you hand near it and it starts to go away. But whether you hear it depends on how quiet your other components are Something to live with as the benefits outweigh the negatives. I have built about half a dozen rigs with this sidepanel. If noise bothers you, then just stick the fan on it onto a controller and whack it up when gaming, and turn it down when not.

Don't bother with the Scythe Kama Bay. I put one in to help direct cold air towards my Tuniq Tower and even with the filter it just directed dust and made a marginal difference in cooling. Just position your 2 HDD's so the top of the front 120mm fan can still get some air to the video card.

If you want the best fans for cooling right now and don't mind spending a few bob the new Noctua 120mm's are rated better then Nexus and Scythe by SPCR. They deliver 20% more airflow for same rpm and remain quiet. I got 2 of the 1200rpm variety for my front/rear of case, and an 800rpm one for the sidepanel. Work a treat. However if you already have something like Nexus or Scythe then it's probably not worth the expense as the Noctuas won't be really quieter. I am just a fan freak and buy all the makes to try out myself :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom