Akasa Eclipse 62's Club... Desktop & Machines.

Associate
I also have the Eclipse, and since i use the handy wheels i was thinking of adding a few 120mm's to the bottom of the case to assist the cooling. Trying to keep the fans to low dB, ~20 odd max, so i can use more without creating a jet-engine like computer!

That an a top vent, though i was thinking of going for quiet 4x80mm's in a square (160mmx160mm) rather than 1x120mm..... my PSU is a little long to let me use 2x120 without dropping the DVD drive bay, and i think the 80mms would give better airflow...... Was thinking about some of these beauties:
http://www.arcticcooling.com/fans2.php?idx=100&data=2&disc=
Quiet, efficient, and vibration dampened.

Pondering over the side-panel with fan rather than the window..... dont really need to see the inside of my comp!

Soldato
Like them top vents, very well done.

Heres mine, changed a little now. Ill try and upload some updated photos. Sorry for the poor quality.

Desktop1.jpg

Desktop_2.jpg

*Edit - Found one updated one

2.jpg

Soldato
WJA96 said:
Akasa Sound Damping Foam. In my opinion you don't need it and it's a beggar to remove.

Very true, only really got it to fill the bottom of the case and to look good. TBH I'm going to keep the stuff at the bottom of the case and probably remove the stuff around the chassis

Soldato
Hello,
I'm trying to decide if akasa eclipse 62 is the good case for me but I'm unable to see if itll fit all the stuff i want:

1 optical
5 hard disks
8800gts
Standard atx mainboard
Tuniq 120

Anyone has info to how far the gts streches , there must be enough space to but a hdd behind it...

Associate
5 HDDs should be ok, there are 2 slots in the 3 1/2in floppy bays, and 3 (or 4?) more slots below that, and another HDD cage that attaches next to the PSU.

Other than that, 4 optical bays, deep enough to take a SI-120 (one of the tallest tower heatsinks), motherboard tray, and tons of elbow space to mess around.

Soldato
simonnance said:
5 HDDs should be ok, there are 2 slots in the 3 1/2in floppy bays, and 3 (or 4?) more slots below that, and another HDD cage that attaches next to the PSU.

Other than that, 4 optical bays, deep enough to take a SI-120 (one of the tallest tower heatsinks), motherboard tray, and tons of elbow space to mess around.

What im saying, wont the tuniq block the 2nd hdd cage?

Soldato
snowdog said:
Hello,
I'm trying to decide if akasa eclipse 62 is the good case for me but I'm unable to see if itll fit all the stuff i want:

1 optical
5 hard disks
8800gts
Standard atx mainboard
Tuniq 120

Anyone has info to how far the gts streches , there must be enough space to but a hdd behind it...

Akasa will fit everything,

4 optical bays

room for 5 hdd's in hdd area there are then 2 more above for a total of 7 (i have 6 hdd's) im not talking about the cage above the cpu area

8800gtx (even sli) fits so you should have no problem there

extended atx fits

i have a tuniq on mine, it can slide through on the mainboard tray as well. (look back for my previous post for proof in pics)

Associate
OP
snowdog said:
Hello,

1 optical
5 hard disks
8800gts
Standard atx mainboard
Tuniq 120

GTS has 10.5 inches of free space when fitted to the front of the case, you will definately fit all of your components in and more, this case offers more space than you will ever need.................... " the only limitations is your imagination" ;) :D

Associate
OP
snowdog said:
Ok thanks peeps, soon ( within 2 months hopefully) ill have my stuff in a akasa eclipse 62... ( need money for rest of parts 1st ) :)
If you need confirmation of space, look at pictures I have posted of my case, includes 8800GTS looooooooooads of room ;)

Associate
hey say if i put my 2 seagates(in raid 0)into that floppy drive what would the heat be like guys ??

do ya think it would get hot with no cooling.

Back
Top Bottom