***AKG Q701 Official Owners Thread***

Soldato
UPS is taking care of deliveries according to those that have had them delivered so hope yet. No show for me as of yet.

I was under this impression, I am sure I read a note form massdrop stating it. I discussed the subject with the lady at my ups depot and she said that they only use contractors for certain deliveries or to cover sickness so should be a proper UPS man that does the deliveries. Seems strange how they was shipped on the 8th but have such a delay, that or I just don't know what service will have the parcel! Sonny I take it no sign of yours either then mate?

Associate
getting mixed information some say Royal Mail and some say UPS will deliver.

message from Massdrop

UPS Mail Innovations (UPSMI) is a partnership between UPS and USPS. This means that UPS takes the package from our fulfillment center to the border. USPS then takes it across the border, and your local postal system takes it to your doorstep. This avoids the "UPS Border Handling Charge".

our local postal is Royal Mail wright?

Soldato
OP
UPS does not deliver in this instance. As I said in my previous post, UPS takes it to the US border, USPS (United States Postal Service) takes it across the border and the local mail service delivers it.

Essentially, UPS passes it within the USA to the border ready for international shipping, USPS (United States Postal Service) takes it across the Atlantic ocean and Royal Mail delivers it locally.

There was no tracking code on the package I received nor did I sign for it; USPS was stated on the label.

Do you ship internationally?
Yes. We do everything that we can to support shipping to as many countries as possible, however some manufacturers impose constraints on our offers. Also keep in mind that you might have to pay more for shipping if you live outside of the United States, and you’ll be responsible for any additional customs fees, taxes, or duties. Most international packages are shipped via UPS Mail Innovations, which is a service where the parcel is first picked up by UPS, then passed on to USPS, taken to another country, and handed off to the local postal carrier. This method of shipping is actually cheaper than USPS by about 30% - which of course, we pass on to you!

Reference: https://www.massdrop.com/faq

So everyone here will receive their package via Royal Mail unsigned. Just make sure the postman can get in.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Yup I read all that when I ordered it should be royal mail dealing with them.

If we don't receive them within the next 24 hours I'm guessing that we got hit with customs which is causing the delay.

I hope that we all receive them today. Otherwise there is a chance it's gone missing in the post and then I am screwed because I doubt I'll ever see them for that price again

Caporegime
Yeah we should do.

But they still have another 2 weeks to deliver before that we can claim a refund I imagine.

I doubt it's been lost but it's a possibility.

I think mine should arrive today by the looks of things mine were posted a couple of days after everyone else's. They must have packed them in reverse order or randomly

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I imagine they might charge shipping again as they could just say "you should have checked the address details before confirming the order"?

Caporegime
Unlucky. It's a pity they cannot update the address along the way. I imagine that it would cause havoc with the whole process.

But all they had to do was stick the house number on it

Soldato
It's a kick in the teeth but nothing I can do now. I took a trip to my local sorting office this morning as it is the first morning I have been local with work. They said they held it for a few days and then sent it back. I simply can't understand why A. Having paid with PayPal my PayPal a dress wasn't used and B. Why royal mail don't hold packages for a certain length of time to enable recipients to query the non delivery and provide proof of I'd and purchase info from the sending company.

There is no getting away from the fact that I should not have made the error in the first place and even after paying for redilevery they are cheap but it's still a pain none the less.

On a side note it is a absolute joke that contacting local branches of nationwide company via phone is nearly impossible these days. Central offices deal with so much traffic they are either unwilling or unable to help in any meaningful way other than their scripted list of responses.

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
To be fair they had the door number and postcode which is all you need to get the right place really do technically they could have delivered it just fine with those two details.

Back
Top Bottom