***AKG Q701 Official Owners Thread***

Soldato
To be perfectly honest I usually double check things when I make purchases with a price tag that would be hard to swallow if lost and was very surprised to notice something like my door number missing.

Fingers crossed you all dodge customs and they find you safely. Looks like I'll just have to wait a few weeks longer for mine assuming, I dodge any mor issues given a additional round trip.

Soldato
To all of you in possession of the Qs, stick this on... Makes excellent use of the soundstage width and clarity. Almost a perfect mix for the sound signature too imo (basing this on its similarities to my HM5s).

Caporegime
mine never arrived today just to clarify for those that still have not received their order can you post the dispatch date please as well as the colour ordered.

colour: green
dispatch date: 11 July

I ordered some thing from the states last month, it took 22 days to get here.

did they use UPS to get it to the border? then USPS then royal mail?

I imagine using UPS speeds things up a lot as well as using USPS

Soldato
Needs more Electric Pow Wow Drums.

I didn't say it wasn't made using a mouse and a controller.

first one has interesting lyrics :D
Sounds really good on my K702m's

Ha, yeah, as with most Alt-J tracks, the lyrics are very very different. The song itself, in terms of width, soundstage and how its mixed, pairs itself very well to the Qs and similar phones.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
To all of you in possession of the Qs, stick this on... Makes excellent use of the soundstage width and clarity. Almost a perfect mix for the sound signature too imo (basing this on its similarities to my HM5s).

Needs more Electric Pow Wow Drums.

Different but love this song on my headphones and sounds even better with the bass port open :D

Nice examples to make use of the soundstage :D

I could not sleep so whipped out the soldering iron and related tools and shortened the longer of the two stock cables. It's about 1.6 metre which is perfect for desk usage. The 3 metre will get used elsewhere.

I used a Neutrik connector which is all metal and seems very good quality. Neutrik do a good installation diagram and I just had to search out an AKG wire pin out for sleeve, tip and ring and all was good. The solder ended up being slightly messy but nothing major. I think the flux I used could have been applied a bit neater :p

AKG_Cable-DIY_1.jpg

The stock 3.5mm end vs my DIY:
AKG_Cable-DIY_2.jpg

Right angled because I need it mostly for this:
AKG_Cable-DIY_3.jpg

:cool:

Caporegime
mine never arrived today just to clarify for those that still have not received their order can you post the dispatch date please as well as the colour ordered.

colour: green
dispatch date: 11 July

did they use UPS to get it to the border? then USPS then royal mail?

I imagine using UPS speeds things up a lot as well as using USPS

USPS then Royal Mail.

I've bought quite a lot of items from the US the past few months as the exchange rate is good atm and some of what I want is only sold there and I've had various shipping time from 6 days to 22. They all have USPS tracking as well.

I have one right now that's been a stuck on the status "Acceptance" since 18th July.

I ordered another parcel from a different company that got "acceptance" status on the same day but it has moved through 2 sorting facilities since. It seems totally random on their shipping and processing schedule.

What is consistent is that once it hits this country, it normally shows up in my depot or my house within 3 days.

Caporegime
i'm hoping raven get's his today that means tomorrow for the rest of us I imagine.

with it being 2 weekends in between when ours was sent I imagine that is what has caused the delay the weekends could have just hit our parcels at the wrong time instead of being in the air or in transit over the weekends they were left grounded.

i'll give them until monday before I shoot an email off just to see if they know anything

Back
Top Bottom