***AKG Q701 Official Owners Thread***

Soldato
how is the U7?

I'm not an pedaudiophile so cant give you any sassy wording. But I managed to use it for about 15 mins before I had to go out.
So, it was very easy to setup the hardware, simply plug in and in the usb and headphones and it worked. Tried installing the cd drivers but I couldn't get it to work as it wanted me to switch the usb from 3 to 2??
Instead I let windows update do it, but then it stopped working:p
Uninstalled and now its working lovely.
The volume controller works great and I have it next to me on my desk which is very handy.

Man of Honour
Anyone with a copy of Alien Remastered edition watch the scene where they venture into the Engineer's ship and he slips on the mist and crouches around. You will hear whispers and faint voices all behind your head in each ear, it's freaky as anything and makes the ambience so immense :D

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm not an pedaudiophile so cant give you any sassy wording. But I managed to use it for about 15 mins before I had to go out.
So, it was very easy to setup the hardware, simply plug in and in the usb and headphones and it worked. Tried installing the cd drivers but I couldn't get it to work as it wanted me to switch the usb from 3 to 2??
Instead I let windows update do it, but then it stopped working:p
Uninstalled and now its working lovely.
The volume controller works great and I have it next to me on my desk which is very handy.

I am terrible with sassy words too. Thanks for responding and yes actual volume dials are very handy.
;)

I haz 4090!
Don
How's the volume level on the U7? I had my K712s plugged into an X-Fi HD, and they sounded a bit limp. Invested in an EA DAC/amp and they came alive, but I do miss the virtual surround for gaming.

Man of Honour
Is there no way to just buy the headband on its own? I really want that rubber/bendy headband on my Q701 :p

If the KXX is around the $150 mark I'll buy though, black, bendy headband and matte finish so no more creaky plastic.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Mrk, you went from the X1 to the Q701 didn't you?

Didn't you find the high mids on the Q701 a bit shrill and overbearing with some genres after getting used to the warmth of the X1?

That is the only reason why I haven't moved to the Q701... I'm still considering selling both pairs and scouting the used 'phones market on HeadFi for a better single pair.

Man of Honour
The amp you use makes all the difference Acme, that's why I've always chosen NAD because they mate so well with headphones and speakers of all sorts.

I find no shrill in the Q701 and the highs are intricately detailed and musical in all genres I've listened to so far. That's why I upgraded from the X1 and sold on the X2.

Back
Top Bottom