AKG Q701 - Roughly £100 before duty

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Oh thanks. Those cables look quite heavy, I'd prefer to have something like the V-Moda which is so light you don't even know it's attached yet so strong that it won't break.

If the stock cable length is an issue I will probably just DIY the stock cable and cut it to a shorter length then terminate my own mini XLR on to it.

Soldato
Yea does look quite thick.

@mrk: off topic but saw a pic you posted with what I guess is a ocuk mouse mat? Is it brand new or do you know some secret way of cleaning it as it looks perfect. Mine is getting pretty mucky looking.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
No it's the BoogieBug XL Gaming Surface. It's about 2 years old. I just wipe it weekly with a multi surface wipe from the supermarket.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Mine are on the way!

The email last night said the euro shipment to them was delayed but the US shipment arrived although mostly white and lime. Guess my one is the shipment that wasn't EU sourced :)

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Yeah it was the first drop when the thread was created.

Email says:

Your AKG Q701 Audiophile Headphones has shipped and should be arriving soon!
Track your order
Your package is being shipped via UPS Mail Innovations (UPS-MI), a partnership between UPS and USPS. This means that UPS takes the package from our fulfillment center to the border. USPS then takes it across the border, and your local postal system takes it to your doorstep. This avoids the "UPS Border Handling Charge".
In order to keep international shipping costs low, the UPS-MI service does not offer tracking updates for packages sent outside of the USA. We are looking into other cost effective methods to ship internationally and plan to offer more options in the future.
If you have any questions, please contact [email protected].

Soldato
mrk, entirely off topic, but does the wipe you use on the mat not degrade the surface? Im a bit too paranoid to use anything but a wet J-Cloth atm and its not the most effective!

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Lol it's a wipe, not sandpaper :p

I just pick up whatever multisurface is in the supermarket at the time, Tesco, ASDA, Morrisons mainly.

The surface of the Boogiebug XL is very high quality and feels like some kind of teflon and has yet to fade or show signs of ageing. I assume the OcUK branded version is the same just badged different?

Soldato
Oh, no, I have two of the BoogieBugs floating around, both are starting to become a bit grubby and the wet cloth isnt cutting it.

I was more worried about chemical degradation, but I guess that's just me being paranoid!

Caporegime
OP
Mine are on the way!

The email last night said the euro shipment to them was delayed but the US shipment arrived although mostly white and lime. Guess my one is the shipment that wasn't EU sourced :)

Mine must be EU sourced then, hopefully made in Austria but apparently it makes zero difference these days quality control in their chinese factory will be even higher than their austrian one I imagine.

A lot of high quality gear being made in china these days, with even more cheap knock offs too.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Well no Q701 today but the right angled Neutrik 3.5mm connector came today. really solid build quality, going to have to widen the hole on the strain relief I think as it's a small plug but I like it that way.

Back
Top Bottom