AKG Q701 - Roughly £100 before duty

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Been playing around with padding and found that for my head I prefer no padding and just doing the fixed headband extended mod with cable ties as that's most comfortable. It essentially becomes the K712 headband always extended.

Now I've blacked out the cut away dimple areas with gaffa tape and will simply stitch on the leather layer once it arrives:

A26A1436_2.jpg

The stitching will go around and over the edge, will look great :D

Caporegime
OP
I would say it was a special one off deal. They must be making a new range or making their range smaller or just making the Q701 EOL. The price it was being sold at and the fact that the majority were shipped from Europe to USA is what makes me think this.

Looking at the other AKG deals on there they are nowhere near as good.

I seriously doubt you see that price again unless it's in their August bazaar with limited stock to the pieces which were returned to sender.

Chances of grabbing one of them is nil

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Tell you what chaps, these Q701s are good aren't they :p Spent last night listening to some 24/176 music sourced from HDTracks (Doug MacLeod), some blues in fact and even though I'm not buying the quality gains of the sample rate (my DAC is set to output at 48KHz anyway over 24 bit simply because most of the media I play has 48KHz audio streams like movies and 24bit provides the cleanest ambient signal) but even still, bloody good!

The albums at this bitrate are HUGE, 1.5GB!!!

I hope you're right. Would love a green pair of these cans. :D

Ewww!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom