Alan Henning killed.

RDM

RDM

Soldato
This has been going on for years what are you meant to do dedicate your life to speaking out about these things constantly 24/7 after every attack/murder/incident? It just doesn't make sense. People have their own lives to lead i'm sure they have bigger worries like paying bills, love life etc etc etc as sad as it is we'll all disagree to it write a few things on a forum but nothing much else will come out of the poor guys death as it hasn't with the death of the other men it is just the current news story in 3 years time it will be something else when ISIS are long gone or much weaker.

Draw a cartoon of Mohammed and you can get riots, death threats and demonstrations about the insult to Islam.

Kill an aid worker in the name of Islam and you get a strongly worded letter to the Times and a YouTube video.

I don't know about you but I know which one I feel is more insulting and deserves more of a response.

Permabanned
Why are the British Muslim leaders quiet then?

FFS this guy dedicated his life in helping those less fortunate.

British Muslim leaders are not quiet....Dr Shuja Shafi, Secretary General of the Muslim Council of Britain, said: "This reported murder is a despicable and offensive act, coming as it does on the eve of the Muslim festival of Eid Al-Adha. "It is quite clear that the murderers of Alan Henning have no regard for Islam, or for the Muslims around the world who pleaded for his life. Alan was a friend of Muslims, and he will be mourned by Muslims."

Just because you listen to just one side of an argument doesn't mean the other side isn't speaking.

Last edited:
Soldato
Draw a cartoon of Mohammed and you can get riots, death threats and demonstrations about the insult to Islam.

Kill an aid worker in the name of Islam and you get a strongly worded letter to the Times and a YouTube video.

I don't know about you but I know which one I feel is more insulting and deserves more of a response.

The two aren't comparable. One is offending Muslims and the other is a casualty of war.

Permabanned

He wasn't killed in the name of Islam, but in the pursuit of the political ambitions of a political extremist group. A similar mindset group to those who send death threats and violent demonstrations about what they consider insults to Islam. The average Muslim no more sends death threats about Mohammed cartoons than you or I do.

Equating all Muslims with those who send death threats or kill aid workers is silly.

Soldato
I fail to see why Muslim leaders should be pressured into appealing to terrorists.

The media and government should stop referring to them as Islamic State. It legitimises their affiliation with Islam when no such link should be made. These people are oppressors and murderers and represent no true form of Islamic ideology.

Soldato
He wasn't killed in the name of Islam, but in the pursuit of the political ambitions of a political extremist group. A similar mindset group to those who send death threats and violent demonstrations about what they consider insults to Islam. The average Muslim no more sends death threats about Mohammed cartoons than you or I do.

Equating all Muslims with those who send death threats or kill aid workers is silly.

The point is that these idiots are proclaiming to follow Islam. If I was Islamic is be out there doing everything I could to preach what proper Islam is purported to be.

Caporegime
I fail to see why Muslim leaders should be pressured into appealing to terrorists.

The media and government should stop referring to them as Islamic State. It legitimises their affiliation with Islam when no such link should be made. These people are oppressors and murderers and represent no true form of Islamic ideology.

Because they commit these crimes in the name of the religion that they and these leaders follow. They truly believe this is what must be done for islam.

The leaders also shouldn't be pressurised in to it. They should condemn them of their own free will. Something I believe they did.
It was encouraging to see the sheer number of influencial Muslims who spoke out against these barbarians. The trouble is so many other people give legitimacy to their cause and support them.

Soldato
Sad news RIP.

However, Alan knew what the risks were and he clearly accepted them anyway. That is no consolation to his family, but if you are going to put yourself into a war zone there is no point getting upset when you get shot, so to speak. I think it is disgusting that ISIS would murder a person on an aid mission but it does not surprise me.

What does surprise me, however, is the convoy he was part of. It is reported that they were stopped more or less immediately after entering Syria and arrested. What I find odd is that Alan was the only non-Muslim in that group, and that all of his Muslim 'friends' managed to walk away and go home. Far be it from me to tell the security services how to do their jobs but I would be taking a close look at the people who went with him. It just seems like too much of a coincidence to me, and I suspect one or more of the travel party intentionally brought ISIS down on their convoy.

Regarding the Muslim community publicly speaking out, that does not mean a lot. It has been shown several times that community leaders say one thing in public but have completely different views when behind the closed doors of their Mosque.

Brainless comments about using nukes are just ridiculous. A nuclear strike would be the worst possible thing we could do. Not only would it be condemned internationally, it would also be ineffective in deconstructing the extremist group. You can't kill ideals, however misguided they are, with bombs. Additionally it would kill thousands of innocent people too. The world saw the horror of these weapons in WW2, and it does not wish to see them again, and anyone who thinks nuclear strikes are the solution needs to go and have a quiet word with themselves.

Permabanned
The point is that these idiots are proclaiming to follow Islam. If I was Islamic is be out there doing everything I could to preach what proper Islam is purported to be.

That's not really the point however, as pretty much universally every actual Islamic authority is stating they are un-Islamic and there is widespread condemnation of both ISIS and their tactics as well as their interpretation of Islam, ISIS has been rejected by all but a minority as being an abomination of Islam, even other 'extremists' have spoken out about them being the opposite of what Islam actually is.

People would rather follow and use this event and others like it to support their own prejudices than recognise the truth of the matter however, and no amount of debate will change that.

Last edited:
Soldato

Do you not have any self respect ?
Using Alan Hennings death to get a dig in against muslims.
and please don't act like you're angered on behalf of Alan Henning.
He knew the risks yet chose to stay and help those people, he was a hero to those people and they care a damn lot more about him than you who uses his death as a justification to hate against the very cause he was helping...ie the muslims.

Caporegime

It's because there's such an uproar from them whenever it's non-Muslims committing human rights abuses against Muslims - Palestine especially so. If they aren't equally vociferous in their condemnation of Islamic State's atrocities against non-Muslims it makes it look like they only care if it's non-Muslims killing Muslims which isn't the case. Is it?

I don't know what the answer to Islamic State is, if we do nothing they'll just take over more and more territory and if we do something then that's exactly what they want. Personally I think there's a war going on at home in the UK that we've ignored for too long.

Last edited:
Caporegime
So because they believe they act in the name of Islam this makes them Islamic? Not quite following that logic.

It makes them believe they are.

Do you allow yourself to be judged by the standards of the EDL? Or would you speak out against those muppets if someone said oh that's what all English people are like?

Man of Honour
This is so sad :(

It's also a sad time for my Muslim friends who will be typecast and unfairly judged. These fanatics have completely skewed Islam to fit their agenda.

I don't understand what they gain from that other than alienating themselves from the rest of the world, Alan was helping fellow Muslims among others. So it's pretty strange. They are being condemned by all Muslims around the world - so what they are achieving other than proving their fanaticism and radicalism and effectively drawing a target on their backs?

I would love to understand why they are doing this really. I guess it's something we'll never understand. :(

My thoughts and condolences to his family.

Caporegime

Do you allow yourself to be judged by the standards of the EDL? Or would you speak out against those muppets if someone said oh that's what all English people are like?

I think a better question is; if you think the EDL are a problem do you pander to them or do you challenge them. I say it's better to challenge than to pander.

Soldato

Isn't using the EDL a counter to your own view point ?
They call themselves the English defense league yet the English do not get judged by EDL actions nor are required to apologize for EDL actions.

Back
Top Bottom