Alan Wake 2

My purchase is ready and waiting too:p

The rest of you sicken me!
Seeing as you literally were doing an Alan Wake in Starfield using your Nick Cage flashlight, I expect YOU to make the same mod for AW2 and entertain us with many gifs!
It's blatant during your Starfield experience you were trying to be AW anyway! Just you had unlimited batteries unlike that div!

• Wow
Reactions: mrk
Saw this referred to as 'Alan Woke' what is the (non)controversy here then. I don't care but at the same time I do so I can laugh at how pathetic people can be.

Last edited:
Saw this referred to as 'Alan Woke' what is the (non)controversy here then. I don't care but at the same time I do so I can laugh at how pathetic people can be.
Must admit I havent heard any "woke" claims, is it because the other protagonist that you play is a black female FBI agent?

9AM ET, so 2PM our time.

Edit*

For everyone freaking out over the requirements, here's some information about Remedy and a brief history of some of their games.

Short and sweet, Remedy has consistently been a developer that's utilized the most current tech available to them in each of their games. They're regularly at the forefront of technology.
Let's start with the original Alan Wake. It was one of the first games to require a multi core processor and utilize quad cores. People thought they were crazy. https://www.anandtech.com/show/2088/2

Then came Quantum Break. A lot of people claimed it had the highest requirements ever and that they were crazy. Who? Reddit of course. https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/s/6NcvuOX6dH
Finally, Control. With Control they had a partnership with Nvidia and was the first game to prominently feature ray tracing on the RTX 20 series. Reddit also thought their pc requirements were crazy. https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/s/0hXa8abwwL

Now, they still have a partnership with Nvidia and prominently feature path tracing on the 40 series.
Basically, this isn't anything new for Remedy. All of their prior games have consistently received high praise on release and functioned well at lower settings. I don't see this one being any different.

Last edited:
Nope!

There was literally an entire video breakdown when the special edition for PS5 came out, showing how GOS cant run stable at 60fps throughout the entire game even with the ps4 version!
It can in places but isn't rock solid nor throughout... and that was the ps4 version at 1080p! Go into a heavy battle and you're looking at around 46-low 50's... At 1080p on a ps4 version on a ps5! That is not 'next gen' nor impressive!

Let alone the native ps5 better graphics etc version! It even dipped before 30fps in battles with X amount of enemies!

So 4k 30-60fps even with the ps4 version = never happening!
False.

In both modes, it seems that Ghost of Tsushima retains the checkerboarding mode used in the PS4 Pro version of the game, with both targeting 60 frames per second. The frame-rate option sticks to the 1800p checkerboard presentation seen on the PS4 version running under backwards compatibility, while the resolution option sees pixel counts bumped to full 2160p checkerboard, for added clarity. Dynamic resolution scaling can't be ruled out, but everything we've seen and tested so far does indicate a fixed resolution. Performance on both modes is essentially identical. It's 60 frames per second locked to the point where dropping back to the frame-rate mode seems to be pointless.
Source: https://www.eurogamer.net/digitalfo...-upgrade-is-worthwhile-but-not-a-game-changer

How is it impressive exactly when you have to choose between nice graphics/RT or be stuck with 30fps
The vast majority of games offer Quality (usually 30fps) and Performance (usually 60fps) modes. Many also offer VRR modes that provide a mid-point. You're not "stuck with 30fps" at all.

Most people with consoles like to have the game boxed/on disc, it's part of the aesthetic and collection factor, alongside not having to keep faffing about deleting things cause your games take up too much space for your pathetic restrictions of built in storage, as a console gamer you just want to put a disc in install it and go, not sit there for years downloading 90-160gb! Let alone have to be online... Every console gamer dreads it when the update screen pops up, I've never seen a single gamer say "yay, I did want to play my game but sure I'll wait an hour now instead of enjoying my game hence turning it on"... And the servers are always hit and miss with the speeds for the downloads.
Updates are a thing across all devices these days (including PCs), it's hardly a criticism solely of console games and a major benefit of a console is it can update while it's turned off and not being used. My PC can't do that.

My PS5 download speeds max out my 1Gbps connection, they're not "always hit and miss" at all.

They weren't cheap when they came out, £650 and £550 for disc/non disc editions.
Completely false.

Anyway, I won't derail the thread any further.

Last edited:
Pity this is exclusive to the Epic store, would have liked to give it a try. Would also have like the Remaster on Steam, but doesn't look like that's going to happen.

Back
Top Bottom