Alan Wake 2

Ah the same clickbait thumbnail ball bag as last time that claimed X Y Z cards couldn't play Starfield, despite not actually testing said cards on all their settings/resolutions yet making such bold claims then contradicting himself half way through saying he was tired...
Then we all literally proved him wrong a few hours later on release morning with said cards with the same release he claimed to test! :cry:
"What'd you do for a living?"
"I just find something everyone's excited about then s*** on it!"

Last edited:
I'm just waiting for Alex at DF to post his video on the PC version, that's where the real deal is at.

So a GTX 10 series CAN run the game, it's just low fps, even at 720p it's sub 30 fps, dropping to high teens with FSR 2 enabled.

So far the verdict across all platforms seems to be universally excellent. PC version naturally being the superior experience. What's neat is that with path tracing, shadows have actual depth based on distance, inc foliage. No wonder the GPU reqs are so high for ray tracing. We now seem to be at a really matured technology state for RT/PT and upscaling in general which is really good to see.

Last edited:

Alan Wake 2 is here. The hullabaloo about its recommended settings on PC is unfounded. Alan Wake 2 has very scalable graphical settings and when set to the PS5's perf mode settings an RTX 3070 outperforms it by nearly 50%. 1440p FSR2 Balanced. More in my vid tomorrow.

The RTX 3070 has room for resolution or settings improvements depending on what you like to mix and match. The "medium" preset that everyone freaked out about at is indeed the name of a preset in the game that also includes settings set to high and ultra.

F9XihprWQAA6Gyy

Last edited:
Reactions: mrk
Edit^ Yup, many said that this game's "low" would look like high in other games, this appears very much true. All the huff puff over nothing, as is usual for social media gamers these days.

I don't have any issues with Alex, he's on point all the time and technically knows his stuff, also, he's not native English so his persona has to be seen in that context too. He's cool as far as I'm concerned, same with Daniel Owen, other than thumbnails and titles that are obviously geared to grab attention, the content itself is well rounded and technically sound. Like his video above showed that a 4070 can actually path trace and get 90-100fps using DLSS and FG, or 60fps without, along with commentary thrown in.

Last edited:
is ps5 vs pc
Yeah, so a PC apples to apples comparison would be the AMD equivalent card of the PS5's hardware (I forget which one but there is one isn't there) running on the PC at the same graphic settings/res...

Not a random Nvidia card running FSR of all things and not DLSS, if you're going to make a completely random comparison with Nvidia then he should be using a mid tier card such as mine that the game is literally designed for using DLSS3.5/FG/Reflex/RT...

So this is pointless on the basis of a direct PS5 spec PC build comparison... As it isn't the same hardware as the PS5's APU is it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom