Alan Wake 2

Just uninstalled got a full refund of my £54.99 thanks to Epics no quibble refund policy thank god! :eek:

Gameplay is so boring its worse than Control which was pretty tedious :(Remedy should have kept to the Alan Wake 1 gameplay formula. In 2-3 years when this is a budget title & or given away free I might revisit it :rolleyes:

I actually love the case and the idea of a mind palace, looking for clues, putting everything together. It seems like a slow game, like a show, which is great. Is a nice distraction from all the "easy action" of the gaming industry. :)

The whole dear thing and the overall mood of the game reminds me of the 1st season from True Detective. And a bit of Mind Hunters...
Definitely interesting to see Jack Joyce (main character from Quantum Break) as Sheriff Breaker.

Anyway, I'll leave it sit for a while and in the meantime reply AW1 and Control. Perhaps QB, too! Oh, and rewatch Darkness Falls! :D

Hats off to Remedy!

Last edited:
What a game, loving it so far.
Absolutely spanks my 4090 tho, 4k dlss quality, settings maxed minus motion blur and film grain I'm getting 30-60fps but it feels very smooth so think I will leave it at these setting.
Looks absolutely glorious.

Just uninstalled got a full refund of my £54.99 thanks to Epics no quibble refund policy thank god! :eek:

Gameplay is so boring its worse than Control which was pretty tedious :(Remedy should have kept to the Alan Wake 1 gameplay formula. In 2-3 years when this is a budget title & or given away free I might revisit it :rolleyes:

Control was awesome, 10/10 and my GOTY that year

Remedy games don't appeal to everyone though, the story and world get the most attention in a remedy game, the actually shooty shooty stuff is just filler

I know some people think the story is filler and they want more shooty time but in remedy games the action shooty stuff is filler.

Lets be real, Remedy games are just glorified walking simulators but they are the best walking simulators on the market, however some people just find this type of game boring, it is what it is boys

Last edited:
I didn't like Control, bought it, played it, didn't like it. too weird/bland/boring for my style of gameplay.

I did an 0930 to 2100 job, relax :cool:

I did bust out my Alan Wake torch though as the venue carpark is rather dark:

6ILwYJV.jpg

The battery lasts 6-11 hours depending on the turbo usage, have remedy not heard of 18650 cells or what :p

Last edited:
I didn't like Control, bought it, played it, didn't like it. too weird/bland/boring for my style of gameplay.

6ILwYJV.jpg

The battery lasts 6-11 hours depending on the turbo usage, have remedy not heard of 18650 cells or what :p

The ray tracing looks awesome in that shot! :p

Downloaded it, I've not played AW1 so my imo maybe skewed, plays fine at 1440p on my 7900xtx, max settings, no RT or any of that jazz, looks great without it tbh and don't feel I was missing much other than terrible performance

Anyway, refunded it, not my cuppa at all, did nothing for me, back to CP2077.

Outside of the forest at the start the game runs at over 120fps with everything manually maxed out. Remember the "High" preset does not max out everything, it doesn't even turn on path tracing, and shadows isn't set to high either.

I have to say that at times I feel the path tracing/ray tracing global illumination is more dynamic/realistic in Cyberpunk than in this, I noticed little details immediately, things that most probably wouldn't even notice.

Example:

AW2:
XIZxzf9.gif

Cyberpunk:
0tn8D6E.gif

You can also stand in the middle of a doorway where one side is sunshine outside and see your shadow cast on the other side from your feet, you cannot see the shadow cast in AW2 doing the exact same thing, you would expect to see this since it's path traced and using PTGI?

Also, the torch has no effect when shining into a dark room when outside, it only becomes visible when you walk inside and the exposure changes:
VYVl43Z.gif

And also because all vehicles are basically static, even those aren't as highly detailed as Cyberpunk, where you can literally drive any vehicle, yet the detail is so high that you can see the working suspension and engine components if you move the camera low to the ground etc.

So whilst the lighting and particle effects in AW2 look superb, the actual technical detail is more advanced and dynamic in Cyberpunk. Also NPC faces and bodies in AW2 are not as detailed as in Cyberpunk either.

Edit*
16GB VRAM isn't enough if you wanna play at 5160x2160 when factoring in total VRAM use inc OS/BG apps etc :p

JOGj06n.jpg

Last edited:

6ILwYJV.jpg

For a second there i thought ‘wow they weren’t joking about the graphics’ :cry:

• Haha
Reactions: mrk
Back
Top Bottom