Alan Wake 2

Two expansions coming

Expansion 1 is called Night Springs, and is currently due out Spring 2024, Expansion 2 is called The Lakehouse, which is due out end of 2024.

Here’s the official blurb on Night Springs:

“Visions and dreams. Fiction is written and coming true. Fiction collapses and remains just words on a page. These are those stories... in Night Springs. Play as several familiar characters from the world of Alan Wake and experience the unexplainable in multiple self-contained episodes of Night Springs, a fictional TV-show set in the world of Alan Wake.”

So the first expansion is basically playing through 3 episodes of night springs, which is basically like the twilight zone tv show. Sounds great

Last edited:
Reactions: mrk
Two expansions coming

Expansion 1 is called Night Springs, and is currently due out Spring 2024, Expansion 2 is called The Lakehouse, which is due out end of 2024.

Here’s the official blurb on Night Springs:

“Visions and dreams. Fiction is written and coming true. Fiction collapses and remains just words on a page. These are those stories... in Night Springs. Play as several familiar characters from the world of Alan Wake and experience the unexplainable in multiple self-contained episodes of Night Springs, a fictional TV-show set in the world of Alan Wake.”

So the first expansion is basically playing through 3 episodes of night springs, which is basically like the twilight zone tv show. Sounds great
Let's hope they're better than AW1's shockingly bad 2 DLC's where they just reused set pieces with a random crappy sub plot for a quick cash in!

Last edited:
No they didn't, my uncle works at Nintendo, the plot was nothing to do with drugs.
Hahaha I do love you!
That did do my nut in though where it was like lets run through the same set pieces making out it's 'new gameplay' but with some complete BS paper thin dialogue and then his VERY annoying 'bessie m8' tagging along rambling - that guys voice acting is shockingly bad, as is the 'script' he reads...
Then we end up AGAIN at that house on the lane but now the mates evil and blah blah blah in the 2nd DLC, I mean it was lame blowing up a tornado with buses in it, in the first DLC, but c'mon.

On another note though where the flip is @mrk ??? He must be frantically creating AW2 GIF's in a dark room somewhere by now?

Last edited:
Runs okish on an ancient GTX1080 for me.

Looks okish nothing special I suspect you need a high end RTX for it to look much different...but the big problem so far is the clunky gameplay around the case stuff...its so slow & plodding I hope Remedy put in some way to skip those its a really tedious join the dots sub game they only put in to extend gameplay. I think its shockingly poor how clunky it is & really lowers the overall gameplay experience. :(

The game is gorgeous, even on lower settings. Runs well on my RX 6800. Can do 60 fps at 4K with FSR2 Performance (but mix of settings levels) or just max it out with Ultra Performance. Ofc, no RT, tested it for a bit but seemed somewhat borked for me (didn't get the driver for AW2 though). The atmosphere is on point but not really my thing, and unfortunately as I suspected there's not much of an actual game to it. More of an experience (or walking simulator, if I were less charitable), which is fine.

Not sure I'd necessarily recommend playing it, let alone upgrading for it.
Yep agree for sure its a walking simulator so far the case stuff is so poorly implemented hope they can patch it out somehow!

Runs okish on an ancient GTX1080 for me.

Looks okish nothing special I suspect you need a high end RTX for it to look much different...but the big problem so far is the clunky gameplay around the case stuff...its so slow & plodding I hope Remedy put in some way to skip those its a really tedious join the dots sub game they only put in to extend gameplay. I think its shockingly poor how clunky it is & really lowers the overall gameplay experience. :(

Of course it's going to look like ass on a 1080. To run the settings that look like the trailers you'll get 0.1 fps on that old geriatric. So I'm assuming you're actually running settings and resolution that's even lower than what the consoles use so it's going to look quite rough sadly

Last edited:
Can confirm 5700x/4070 is more than happy.
I've chosen everything at the highest setting 1440p dlss/fg with path tracing set to medium with dlss ray reconstruction on, just no nasty motion blur or film grain!

Using between 9.2-10.2gb vram so far :)

I must be the only one wishing I could play as Saga Or Max Payne (sorry 'Casey') in this VS Alan...

Def still prefer Control though!

Yeh, from what I've seen, I think Control is a superior game, in terms of gameplay.
I like them all, Alan Wake and Alan Wake 2 are somewhat of a different genre to Control though, the two AW games are more of the Adventure game genre whereas Control is much closer to an Action game. All 3 are great though imo

Of course it's going to look like ass on a 1080. To run the settings that look like the trailers you'll get 0.1 fps on that old geriatric. So I'm assuming you're actually running settings and resolution that's even lower than what the consoles use so it's going to look quite rough sadly
it looks ok thats not the problem the gameplay is so clunky those case file scenes are really boring no way to skip them...they add nothing its just a join the dots sub game to extend gameplay time....hope they get patched out for many they will get bored & drop this game fast!

it looks ok thats not the problem the gameplay is so clunky those case file scenes are really boring no way to skip them...they add nothing its just a join the dots sub game to extend gameplay time....hope they get patched out for many they will get bored & drop this game fast!

TBF it's a single player game. If people drop it the devs still get paid. Ok they may not sell DLC but still.

Back
Top Bottom