Alan Wake 2

The specs are bonkers you can buy a PS5 & Xbox for less than the recommended GPU on PC! Plus its a digital only title on all 3 platforms no physical release at all :eek:

I'm surprised by the lack of interest in this game, I think it looks excellent and can't wait to give it a bash on Friday.
i think folk seeing those hardware requirements will run for the hills, even if they look a bit iffy, especially mid/lower end.
looks fab graphically wise, but how many 4080/90 owners compared to the mid/lower end, very little compare to where the mass market is i would think.

i think folk seeing those hardware requirements will run for the hills, even if they look a bit iffy, especially mid/lower end.
looks fab graphically wise, but how many 4080/90 owners compared to the mid/lower end, very little compare to where the mass market is i would think.
Yeah, out of the top ten GPUs on Steam, only 6 of them can run it, and the most powerful card in that top 10 is the '540p' RTX 3070 - the other five are going to be playing AWII at 30fps/low settings (just not on Steam, of course).

Last edited:
Didn't seem to be that much buzz about it even before they released the specs but I get you're point.
It looks right up my street but I guess that isn't for everyone.

I'm surprised by the lack of interest in this game, I think it looks excellent and can't wait to give it a bash on Friday.
Agreed, I'm really looking forward to it and will be playing it on PS5, but I suspect we'll be reading in the new year about how it's failed to meet sales expectations. I hope I'm wrong, but there's an awful lot of people at least saying they're boycotting it due to EGS/digital exclusivity. The only hope is that it reviews so well that people change their minds.

Last edited:
Let me guess, another game that looks hilariously average with zero interactivity or impressive technical aspects, that for some reason can't run that well even on the latest ridiculously powerful hardware.

Let me guess, another game that looks hilariously average with zero interactivity or impressive technical aspects, that for some reason can't run that well even on the latest ridiculously powerful hardware.

Actually it looks amazing and will probably be the best looking game on the market when it releases

But thanks for showing your ignorance

Last edited:
Actually it looks amazing and will probably be the best looking game on the market when it releases

But thanks for showing your ignorance
well to be fair the latest competition aint exactly set the bar high, though tbf it does look good from what ive seen, and with those requirements it should do

Release kind of crept up on me. They sometimes put out "check out the RTX!" type trailers for these bigger games. Surprised there isn't one.. yet?

A 4090 and any modern CPU is all that's needed for that. If you can get 100fps on Cyberpunk with RT Overdrive enabled, then you can run Alan Wake with the same path tracing features maxed out. Their video represents DLSS in Performance mode, which uplifts the fps further. I'm playing with DLSS Quality on Cyberpunk at over 100fps for ref, so fully expect 100fps+ on Alan Wake 2.

Last edited:
I played Control on a 3080 Ti and 12700KF and the framerate variation with full RT settings enabled wasn't to my liking due to needing a lower fidelity upscaling setting resulting in the usual artefacting and noise. DLSS Quality is obviously excellent, but you need a GPU capable of decent fps for that to be enjoyable. Anything below 75fps isn't an enjoyable experience as far as I am concerned having gone through the massive uplift in fps from a GPU upgrade and see it for myself.

For me if I can't get high fps with maxed out settings, then I'll just wait for the time I can get a new GPU and revisit those games sooner or later.
I don't know if it was cause I played it late and the gog last patched version with both DLC's, but I had no issue playing native 1440p maxed out settings with RT set to the max?

I think there was genuinely 1 section where it tanked the framerate which it's known to dip below even on a 4090, I forget what the areas called but that section is always shown in biased reviews moaning about it in reviews, be it on a console or a pc or with RT, and it is literally like 1-3 seconds as you walk past this heavily natural light sun bleed area with loads of reflections in a massive gun fight with many NPC's and it's fine, IIRC i went to about 36-46fps and then straight back way above 60+ (I only know this cause I bothered to enable fps monitoring with rivatuner when I died a few times trying to pass that section) - so that in itself says for how stable/well opitmised it was for me?

TLDR the fact I had to be that anal to pick at a section/monitor it to find out wether it was a momentary glitch/actual hardware issue, and the rest of the game ran flawless as did both dlcs...

So IMHO that section regardless of hardware, be it a ultra end spec pc/console, it sucked/suffered and was far too ambitious for any hardware? Otherwise I would have had issues in other levels/areas/throughout the experience?

I personally just shoot for 60fps and lock it to that when playing SP games, as I don't personally favour higher fps than that vs having everything maxed out when it comes to a SP game? I've tried it, sure it's a 'bit' smoother but for the extra juice it uses at the wall vs being able to play a 6-8 hour stint without rinsing my electric bill, I couldn't care less tbh if it means I have everything cranked and the ability to have RT on as a bonus for example... I just don't 'get' why you'd want more than a locked 60 for SP when it isn't a MP game, i.e. no actual advantage cause it's NPC's vs real opponents...

Back
Top Bottom