Alec Baldwin fatally shoots woman with prop gun on movie set

Soldato
You two need help. Go and lie on the couch and tell where woke touched you, you'll feel much better for it.

Unqualified people have been hired for the wrong reasons as long as we've hired people, you just call it woke now, you see woke everywhere you look. Like I said we all have our crosses but you can put this one down you know.. or not.

Last edited:
Caporegime
You two need help. Go and lie on the couch and tell where woke touched you, you'll feel much better for it.

Unqualified people have been hired as long as we've hired people, you just call it woke now, you see woke everywhere you look. Like I said we all have our crosses but you can put this one down you know.. or not.

Tell that to Halyna. Oh. Wait. You can't. She's dead.

Caporegime

Unqualified people have been hired for the wrong reasons as long as we've hired people, you just call it woke now, you see woke everywhere you look. Like I said we all have our crosses but you can put this one down you know.. or not.

All this is basically hiring for as cheap as possible. Time and time again in the movie industry has it shown how little regard there has been for H&S. This is just another one of those cases.

Last edited:
Soldato
Tell that to Halyna. Oh. Wait. You can't. She's dead.

Yeah and no one has ever died before because unqualified people were hired for bad reasons. You two are laughable you really are. Grown men (maybe) obsessed like this :cry:

oh and that laughing smile is at you and not the victim in this case before you try and twist that to suit your obsessions as well.

Soldato
All this is basically hiring for as cheap as possible. Time and time again in the movie industry has it shown how little regard there as been for H&S. This is just another one of those cases.

Every industry can be like that unless its regulated and there are serious consequences for stepping outside that regulation. Its why we have H&S, as much as we all might hate it.

These two will die on that woke hill though.

Caporegime
Every industry can be like that unless its regulated and there are serious consequences for stepping outside that regulation. Its why we have H&S, as much as we all might hate it.

You're the one dying on the hill defending the proven guilty.
Let it go. Just accept your mental ideology got a woman killed.

Man of Honour

You have rather taken a they must be wrong because their ideology is wrong approach throughout the thread, poorly allowing for what they are saying to be right even if their reasons for saying it is linked to a larger agenda.

Soldato
You can be well trained and have good credentials and be reckless at the same time.

The two things are not exclusive to each other.
I don't care for the argument above. However the highlighted part of your post is interesting.

Training needs to be actively maintained, otherwise complacency sets in.

Caporegime
She was a DIE hire who clearly lied out of every orifice about how much training her expert armourer father had given her.
No its woke, dowie and Dis86 said it can't be anything but woke so its woke.

You're the one who brought up woke - my claim was that the production had "cut corners with non-union people" and questioned if she was a diversity (or DIE) hire.

Read what @Terminal_Boy has just posted again, why are you trying to pretend that wasn't my positon?

Hmm - cutting corners with non-union people? Diversity hire?

I'd have assumed most of these armourer roles would be ex-military men etc..
Do you have to drag "woke" into everything?

And now you're going on about seeing woke everywhere... when it seems to be you who has the issue! :D

There were non-union people, this was clearly an issue for crew (some of whom walked off set over safety fears). Pointing out facts and throwing in reasonable speculation shouldn't need "trigger" you, sometimes there are nepo babies and diversity hires, if you try and pretend otherwise and instinctively react to rubbish such claims then that's rather silly.

Gutierrez-Reed was described as being “inexperienced and green” by a Rust production source, who told The Daily Beast there were at least two previous incidents of guns being accidentally discharged by other crew members before Thursday’s tragic incident.
[...]
The production source said crew members had complained directly to Halls about the previous accidental gun discharges over the weekend, demanding to make sure they were documented. “All of us yelled at him, ‘That better be on the production report, these guys are irresponsible and shouldn’t be here,’” the source explained.

“That should be automatic grounds for termination on a union film set, you should be gone. The first time that gun went off without telling anybody, that whole department should have been replaced, immediately. Clearly production thought better of it, decided to roll the dice and pay the ultimate price.”

Last edited:
Caporegime
Actually, now it's DEIB; diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging... sort of like the LGBT flag, they're starting to add to it.

Maybe next year it can be DEIBC because someone wanted some brownie points for adding "and caring".

Soldato
So whats the sentence likely to be?

I actually hope it isnt too bad, she deserved punishment, dont get me wrong, but I also think she didnt wake up thinking I am going to kill someone today, or commit a crime at all, and it was after all an accident.

Commissario
I don't care for the argument above. However the highlighted part of your post is interesting.

Training needs to be actively maintained, otherwise complacency sets in.
Unfortunately with guns it's been shown so many times that the people that are meant to be the most experienced are often the worst, as you say complacency.

You just have to look at the number of US police and hunters who do things like have accidental discharges*, or use holsters that they know are risky with their particular gun, and have a bad reputation for doing things like causing the gun to discharge during removal, but go "it'll be fine, I'm more careful than the fools that let the lip on the holster catch the trigger as they pull the gun out" and continue to use it rather than looking at a different holster that might not be as comfortable but is much better designed and considerably safer with their type of gun**.

*From memory there have been multiple cases of US police giving firearms demos in schools accidentally firing the gun they're demoing because they didn't think to double check the weapon was unloaded...

**I can't remember the models but it's something like a specific easy draw holster type, when combined with a certain type of gun that has an IIRC two stage safety trigger rather than a safety lever, and then they leave the gun "ready" with a round in the chamber so it's always loaded because that fraction of a second is important.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom