Alien: Isolation...

I played 10 minutes of this, then unistalled.

Not sure why I purchased it when it was in the Steam sale, I cannot play scary games. :(

When this game out a long time ago, I got over my fear by watching someone else play. It sorta spoiled the game, but it allowed me to finish the game and later in my life, speedrun the game.

An other quick way to get over the fear factor is just go die by the Alien a few times, you soon get over it.

I wish I could forgot this game and replay it like it was new.

Last edited:
AHH sorry my bad. I was talking about pinball FX 3 sorry.
last time I looked the new game did not support cabinet mode for my table so that ruled it out. also am too tight to rebuy my tables and unlike pinball fx 2 to 3 it's not a free transfer.

however check out spacies arcade on YouTube / discord he is a big digital pinball player and has a lot of videos covering this stuff.

At present its very limited cabinet support. They have said more cabinet features will be added though, so keep an eye on it. Spacies arcade is one of the youtube channels I sometimes watch.

At present its very limited cabinet support. They have said more cabinet features will be added though, so keep an eye on it. Spacies arcade is one of the youtube channels I sometimes watch.
yeah so I had a little look it has improved since last time I looked. however for now my solenoids are not supported. that adds a lot to the "feel" of the table. once that is in however I will likely revisit.

I was well ****** off to learn that after updating to Windows 11, it essentially broke the Mother VR mod with the Steam version of the game! Took some digging but I found a relatively easy fix for anyone interested. These are my notes but the meat of it was on an obscure github page....

There's nothing wrong with the game's exe or anything, it's something to do with the install path and Windows 11. Follow these steps to fix it (these pathways are for my specific PC so tailor to your install locations)...​

1. Go to Steam\SteamApps\common and move (cut & paste) the "Alien Isolation" folder to somewhere outside of Steam
    I went with G:\Games as that's the same drive I have Steam on.
  2. Rename the "Alien Isolation" folder to "AlienIsolation" (no spaces!!!)
  3. Delete the Steam\SteamApps\common\Alien Isolation folder if it still exists
  4. Open a cmd command prompt as Admin and enter this principle:

mklink /d "Path To Steam Alien Isolation Folder" "Path To New Location"

i.e. for me it's SPECIFICALLY: mklink /d "G:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\Alien Isolation" "G:\Games\AlienIsolation"
This creates a "SYMBOLIC LINK" between the 2 directories. From Steam's point of view, the game is still installed in "...Steam\SteamApps\common\Alien Isolation" because Steam requires it to be at that path to launch the game.

THAT'S IT. WORKS!​

Hi there mate, I just wanted to say thanks for this fix, that worked for me too!

I searched Steam forums + reddit and across the internet and couldn't find any solution to fix this until I came across your post so thanks for that.

BTW has anyone managed to figure out a way to get rid of the jagged lines?

I searched online and I can see there's a mod on Nexus to fix this but it doesn't work in VR.

The game runs and looks amazing but the jagged lines when playing VR is such a shame as if it wasn't for that it would be perfect.

Last edited:
Hi there mate, I just wanted to say thanks for this fix, that worked for me too!

I searched Steam forums + reddit and across the internet and couldn't find any solution to fix this until I came across your post so thanks for that.

No worries at all bud! Glad it helps someone out, I'm surprised there's not more info about this problem.

It's bizarre you posted this today by the way, just as I was checking out and watching bits of the new 4K HDR release / remaster of ALIENS: Special Edition!

Back
Top Bottom