Alien: Isolation...

Mentioned before in another thread but think I spent close to two hours creeping about and crapping my pants before the first scripted Alien event back in 2014. Back then on launch no one knew the first time you see it is scripted :D

On release I thought it had some of the worst shimmering/pixel crawl I had ever seen though when I played last year I don't remember it being *too* bad. Could be less noticeable at higher resolutions?

I never saw any issues with aliasing etc when I played last, just used the game's built in AA? Is this that much different?
its still there at 4K just not as noticeable but is still present ... Alias Isolation mod cleans it up perfectly and looks much much better :D

For some reason it doesn't want to work for me though , not sure if it conflicting with the other mods or Windows 11 :(

Reactions: mrk
For some reason it doesn't want to work for me though , not sure if it conflicting with the other mods or Windows 11 :(

I'm not sure how to do it on Epic but if you have Alien Isolation on Steam then you need to exit Steam completely, Run the "aliasIsolationInjectorGui" and launch Alien Isolation that way, This will launch Steam and the game.

Also make sure Chromatic Aberration is disabled, Motion Blur is enabled and AA is set to SMAA T1X.

Last edited:
Actually I think that was the mother vr mod...

There might be a solution here

I've got to get into this again, but like some of the others on this thread it was too stressful
tried that unfortunately still not working , i think i might be conflicting with the other graphic mods i recently installed unless others have got them working fine together :confused:

I'm not sure how to do it on Epic but if you have Alien Isolation on Steam then you need to exit Steam completely, Run the "aliasIsolationInjectorGui" and launch Alien Isolation that way, This will launch Steam and the game.

Also make sure Chromatic Aberration is disabled, Motion Blur is enabled and AA is set to SMAA T1X.
Yeah i have had it working perfectly in the past on windows 10 and the way to get it working then was to exit steam and launch via the gui which would then inject the mod and work perfectly .. now i just get a disconnect sound when trying the launch the game via the gui and wont even launch :(

Yeah i have had it working perfectly in the past on windows 10 and the way to get it working then was to exit steam and launch via the gui which would then inject the mod and work perfectly .. now i just get a disconnect sound when trying the launch the game via the gui and wont even launch :(

That is quite weird, I just launched it fine with Alias Isolation enabled and it works perfectly, Also on Windows 11, Honestly have no clue.

Oh shush there were cooling fans and vents in the corridors ;) :cry:

Good answer! Careful now, you could start a very sad trend of VR users sticking giant fans in front of them for everything.

Have you played Subnautica in VR? You should try sitting in the bath whilst doing that. Actually, probably not the best...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom