Alien: Romulus - Fede Alvarez (Evil Dead) to write/direct

When I went to see Deadpool & Wolverine I closed my eyes and went "la la la la........................" during the trailer for this as I want to go in as blind as possible.

If it's not as good as I'm hoping then all it's cost me is one of my LLoyds Bank free cinema tickets but if it is good then I'm quids in.

Sounds bad :mad:
Sounds reasonable

interesting interview with director yesterday https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m0021xq4

original not scary by todays standards, and youngsters aren't familiar with originals, needed a reboot with young blood(like starship troopers ?),
only good thing he suggested was minimal use of vfx, like the original, in the gendre of blade runner

Seeing it tomorrow evening, got my cinema society codes ready but can't book seats online due to an issue and have to book it in person apparently so hopefully I can phone up and use the codes so the good seats are still available :eek:

Last edited:
I am travelling a bit further to watch it in IMAX. Can't wait. :D

AngryJoe rated this so good chance its going to be half decent.

Last edited:
Got a ticket for this afternoon. Don't usually bother with cinema but missus is away for the weekend so might as well take advantage.

I will be happy if it's just a decent couple of hours of alien entertainment.

Reactions: Kyo
I just got back from watching this.

It's a bit of a slow burn, but I liked getting to see the mining/corp planet and world building. The trailer really didn't give away as much as people seem to think, overall it's by far the best movie since Aliens in my opinion. I really enjoyed it, it leaned more toward the horror side of things but handled the material well while offering a few nods toward the other movies. Atmosphere was fantastic, as was the music, I'd absolutely recommend it.

Just back and overall thoroughly enjoyed . As Angryjoe said the best Alien movie since Aliens. Loved it. There was some parts
near the end which didn't quite work. Xenos way more menacing than what appeared in the end.
. Solid 8/10 for me. Fede did a great job and Cailee Spaeny and David Jonsson were surprisingly superb.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom