Alien: Romulus - Fede Alvarez (Evil Dead) to write/direct

I watched this last night, overall I really enjoyed it and I feared for the crew multiple times. Great tension, lots of homage to the original.

But I have a LOT of questions.

1 - How did that crew on the Space Station get their hands on all those face huggers and cryofreeze them. They must have already had them before capturing that Queen? from space.

2 - Why did they need the Queen when they already have those face huggers...I would presume they know what they do base on the research they are already doing. It seem an unnecessary risk to take, I guess they really wanted a Queen Xenomorph.

3 - Is it me but the speed of which this Xenomorph go from ingestion to "birth" then to grown full size is like 10x faster than other movies.

1 - They reverse engineered and "3D printed" the huggers from the original alien they brought aboard.
2 - Dunno, I must've been distracted because I don't remember anything about a queen.
3 - Yep, that was ridiculous, especially the last one + I have no idea why it looked like an engineer, but I'm sure someone will waffle something up.

I watched this last night, overall I really enjoyed it and I feared for the crew multiple times. Great tension, lots of homage to the original.

1 - How did that crew on the Space Station get their hands on all those face huggers and cryofreeze them. They must have already had them before capturing that Queen? from space.

2 - Why did they need the Queen when they already have those face huggers...I would presume they know what they do base on the research they are already doing. It seem an unnecessary risk to take, I guess they really wanted a Queen Xenomorph.

3 - Is it me but the speed of which this Xenomorph go from ingestion to "birth" then to grown full size is like 10x faster than other movies.
1) I thought the movie said they cloned them somehow from the Nostromo Alien?

2) What do you mean about the Queen? They weren't after a Queen AFAIK

3) Yes, that was ridiculous

1) I thought the movie said they cloned them somehow from the Nostromo Alien?

2) What do you mean about the Queen? They weren't after a Queen AFAIK

3) Yes, that was ridiculous

Point 2

The crew on the Spaces Ship managed to overcome that Xenomorph they brought on board, and then its guys spilled down to all the decks below. Is that not how the lower level end up swapped with Xenomorphs? As a result there would have been lots of eggs, then possibly the crew went to take out and failed and they got captured and hence on the walls. Also there was the blue light on the floor, as a reference to the original where the rooms of eggs was.

That's how I understand it....

Otherwise I guess the Xenomporh they brought on board to those that lives in the bottom deck are separate?

3 ingestion to birth yes, very quick compared. But birth to full size, in my opinion.. .no .
If you rewatch Alien, the birth happens, they have a quick meeting about how to search and then go hunting, Brett finds the snake esq discarded skin and is quickly picked off by a full size Xeno, there's no sense any great amount of time had passed.
On a related note, the cocoon was cool , fills a gap in that lifecycle.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom