Alien: Romulus - Fede Alvarez (Evil Dead) to write/direct

Suspended
On another note, based on the top billing of female characters, I assume this is yet another Alien movie where we'll have a female survivor - it's just been done to death in the movies, books, comics - let a guy win for once :D
Have any alien movie had a male protagonist that lives/is the hero of the story? At this point in time it would be bucking the trend to have a strong male lead that survives :cry:

Soldato
Seem to remember she was fairly scrappy in Sicario 2, maybe she'll do the body slam you're so eager to see :D
i don't think we'll get to see the type of body slam i'd prefer to see her doing :p
completely missed she was the kid in Sicario2, hmmmm......maybe she won't be that bad in this after all as i did think she was quite good in that. still, i'm a grumpy old man so i don't wanna see 'dolly birds' in my Alien movies. ain't got no time for lip gloss and eye shadow when there's xenomorphs to be dealing with. :cry:

Suspended
technically Hicks survived in the second movie......they just killed him off inbetween times to pee me off.
Aye, but they did kill him off though, so technically no male protagonists! I wouldn't mind them revisiting the original premise for Alien 3, failing that just give me marines, motion trackers and pulse rifles and I'll be happy!

Soldato
Aye, but they did kill him off though, so technically no male protagonists! I wouldn't mind them revisiting the original premise for Alien 3, failing that just give me marines, motion trackers and pulse rifles and I'll be happy!
i actually really liked Alien3 - the 2 Charles' - Dance and S Dutton were stand outs for me despite one 'bowing out' relatively early! i know it's not as well recieved as the previous 2 films but i'm still a big fan.

Suspended
i actually really liked Alien3 - the 2 Charles' - Dance and S Dutton were stand outs for me despite one 'bowing out' relatively early! i know it's not as well recieved as the previous 2 films but i'm still a big fan.
Agreed, I think it lacked that claustrophobic element that 1 and 2 had, the acting was miles better in 3 than the others tho.

Soldato
Agreed, I think it lacked that claustrophobic element that 1 and 2 had, the acting was miles better in 3 than the others tho.
yea, that was one major gripe with i had with 3. they tried to but somehow failed to create that same sense of claustrophobia and terror the first 2 films did. which is all the more baffling considering the set up and location was almost perfect to create that sort of fear factor - abandoned prison colony, trapped, no weapons etc etc. still really enjoyed it though despite the obvious short comings.

Soldato
Even Cameron said it was a slap in the face to him to have those killed off.

It was a flop no denying that at all.
oh yea, 100% most fans will say it was a flop - i still liked it though......but then i sorta liked prometheus so i clearly have dodgy tastes (you don't need to chastise me, i already hate myself enough for liking it :p)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom