Alien: Romulus - Fede Alvarez (Evil Dead) to write/direct

Soldato
OP
For the flak Alien 3 gets for killing off Hicks and Newt, it's totally in keeping with the bleak nature of that universe, the good guys don't always get to win and survive, it's a stark reminder of that fact.

With regards Prometheus rating higher, that's clearly just recency bias and most people having not seen Alien 3 directors/workprint cut ;)

Thankfully metacritic is rated higher for Alien 3, RT isn't worth the data it's stored on when it comes to realistic reviews/scores :D

Last edited:
Permabanned
For the flak Alien 3 gets for killing off Hicks and Newt, it's totally in keeping with the bleak nature of that universe, the good guys don't always get to win and survive, it's a stark reminder of that fact.

With regards Prometheus rating higher, that's clearly just recency bias and most people having not seen Alien 3 directors/workprint cut ;)

Thankfully metacritic is rated higher for Alien 3, RT isn't worth the data it's stored on when it comes to realistic reviews/scores :D
A number of cast and crew associated with the series, including actor Michael Biehn, previous director James Cameron, and novelist Alan Dean Foster, expressed their frustration and disappointment with the film's story. Cameron regarded the decision to kill off the characters of Bishop, Newt, and Hicks as a "slap in the face" to him and to fans of the previous film. He eventually blamed 20th Century Fox for the film, saying that Fincher got handed "a big mess on a plate". Upon learning of Hicks' demise, Biehn demanded and received almost as much money for the use of his likeness in one scene as he had been paid for his role in Aliens.

I've seen the Assembly Cut of Alien3, still prefer Prometheus :p I do get why people would rate 3 more though.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
A number of cast and crew associated with the series, including actor Michael Biehn, previous director James Cameron, and novelist Alan Dean Foster, expressed their frustration and disappointment with the film's story. Cameron regarded the decision to kill off the characters of Bishop, Newt, and Hicks as a "slap in the face" to him and to fans of the previous film. He eventually blamed 20th Century Fox for the film, saying that Fincher got handed "a big mess on a plate". Upon learning of Hicks' demise, Biehn demanded and received almost as much money for the use of his likeness in one scene as he had been paid for his role in Aliens.

I've seen the Assembly Cut of Alien3, still prefer Prometheus :p I do get why people would rate 3 more though.
Ah, i'm well aware of the outrage the deaths caused, i'm an Alien universe super nerd :D

I do like Prometheus, I can even forgive some of the stupidity based on the deleted scenes - it's just all a bit too slick and clean for what I expect from an Alien movie however.

Soldato
i'm an Alien universe super nerd :D

But then -

I do like Prometheus

:eek:

7rqzx0.jpg

Soldato
:/ lots of info is starting to get out in the press.

Could probably change the title of this thread to “Romulus”

Soo seen snippets that they are aiming for the Teen slasher horror crowd.

Very young modern cast. Yeah all the buzz words.

By the sounds of if it couldn’t be any further removed from the original.

Bunch of average joe’s that you would likely meet in a truck stop canteen to a teen/young adult melodrama……

Last edited:
Suspended
Young people! Oh no, **** has gone woke bro.

Aliens couldn't be further removed from the original either and yet both are excellent movies.

Have you considered not reading loads of internet gossip stuff about a movie before it comes out and going in cold to try and actually enjoy things?

Last edited:
Soldato

Aliens couldn't be further removed from the original either and yet both are excellent movies.

Have you considered not reading loads of internet gossip stuff about a movie before it comes out and going in cold to try and actually enjoy things?
are you stalking me bro? you always seem jump on my post with great vigor! Think i have reminded you once that this thread provides tools to not see my posts. I can send you an autograph if you wish.

"teen/young adult melodrama……"

Soldato

Ah, so you think that this a place to talk about a film only after its been released then. I mean if you want I can repost your exact comment as a reminder for you every time YOU happen to post anything at all about a film/TV show which hasn't been released yet. Would you like me to do that for you or is your comment only for others to follow and not yourself? I suspect you wouldn't want me to repost your own words back to you because that would make you unhappy.

Anyway, back in reality this a forum where people discuss things as they happen, you're completely free to not read peoples posts if they affect you so much Vinny. Maybe go outside and actually enjoy things :)

Last edited:
Suspended
Ah, so you think that this a place to talk about a film only after its been released then. I mean if you want I can repost your exact comment as a reminder for you every time YOU happen to post anything at all about a film/TV show which hasn't been released yet. Would you like me to do that for you or is your comment only for others to follow and not yourself? I suspect you wouldn't want me to repost your own words back to you because that would make you unhappy.

Anyway, back in reality this a forum where people discuss things as they happen, you're completely free to not read peoples posts if they affect you so much Vinny. Maybe go outside and actually enjoy things :)
That's not what I said, my comment was specifically to one poster who seems to read leaked scripts and complain constantly about up and coming movies, such as:

looks at the leaked photos and the leaked Snowwhite script.

Yeah problem definitely ain’t woke.

Man of Honour

In its own right Alien 3 is a good movie but I've never felt it as a follow up to Alien or Aliens - you can tell it was originally supposed to be a different movie that got some Alien universe paint slapped on it. Personally dislike Prometheus.

I don't have much hope any new movies will hit the spot.

Soldato
That's not what I said, my comment was specifically to one poster who seems to read leaked scripts and complain constantly about up and coming movies, such as:
Stalking me across multiple threads then :D Maybe I should be flattered

Ands whats Snow White got to do with this film? I point out that this film is looking like a teen slasher movie and going by the other posts it seems others have also pointed this out and you get triggered!!

alien versus predator requiem here we come!

Last edited:
Associate
I didn't mind Prometheus to be honest. But then I didn't mind Indiana Jones 4 either so maybe I just have a terrible taste in films.

A TV series could be great if its done right.

Back
Top Bottom